The release of 22 Jump Street is only a week away. The sequel is one of the most anticipated comedies of the summer, and with good reason–Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill make one hell of a duo. Below we have a clip and featurette. Also, Naomi Watts, who usually goes for indi–er films has joined Insurgent. More details on her role below. We also have a cool mash-up video for Orange Is The New Black. All that and more below.
- Naomi Watts Joins Insurgent: Naomi Watts has signed on to join the next three films in Lionsgate’s Divergent franchise. The actress will play Evelyn, leader of the Factionless. Insurgent, the followup to Divergent, began shooting in Atlanta last week.
- Emma Watson and Miles Teller for La La Land: Miles Teller and Emma Watson are set to star in La La Land, written and directed by Whiplash director Damien Chazelle. The musical follows two artistic, romantic Los Angeles residents who fall in love but find the cutthroat nature of the city so brutal on their relationship, they’re pushed into song. [via /Film]
- Corey Stoll To Guest-Star On Homeland: House of Cards‘ Corey Stoll will appear in the fourth season of Homeland. According to Vulture he’ll guest-star as Sandy Bachman, a CIA bigwig in Pakistan. The show returns in the fall.
- Orange Is The New Black Mashup Video: The second season of Orange Is The New Black debuted on Netflix today, and to celebrate Vulture made a video mash-up of all of the vagina references in the first season. Check it out at Vulture.
- 22 Jump Street Clips And Featurette: Phil Lord and Chris Miller‘s sequel 22 Jump Street is one of the most anticipated movies of the summer, thanks to the vibrant chemistry between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. In the sequel, Capt. Dickson (Ice Cube) sends Schmidt (Hill) and Jenko (Tatum) undercover again. This time, they head to college (because they look way too old for high school). And, as the trailer suggests, the duo will be doing a little bit of the same in the sequel, which is trying to find out who the main drug dealer at the college campus is. The high school days are over and things look like they’ll be more dangerous and exciting this time around. Here’s a clip and a featurette:
- The Best of Me Trailer: The Best of Me is based on Nicholas Sparks‘ novel of the same name and stars Michelle Monaghan and James Marsden. Directed by Michael Hoffman, the film tells the story of two former sweethearts who find themselves reunited after 20 years apart, when they return to their small town for the funeral of a beloved friend. Their reunion reignites the love they once felt for each other, but soon they discover the forces that drove them apart all those year ago. The Best of Me hits theaters October 17. Here’s the trailer:
- How To Train Your Dragon 2 Featurette: Hiccup and his adorable, loyal dragon Toothless will be facing new threats in How To Train Your Dragon 2. Loosely inspired by Cressida Cowell‘s popular series of kids’ books, this DreamWorks sequel takes place five years after the original movie. This time around Hiccup and his dragon travel to a village in the Arctic, where they run into dragon hunters and a possible mentor for Hiccup. The voice cast includes Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler and Cate Blanchett. Here’s a new featurette:
- Sex Tape UK Trailer: In Sex Tape, Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel attempt to add some excitement to their love life by making, you guessed it, a sex tape. Unfortunately, soon after making said tape, the two discover that they’ve sent their precious love-making session to all of their close friends. The comedy opens July 25th. Here’s the UK trailer:
Photos & Posters:
- New Poster For Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: Directed by Matt Reeves, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is set 15 years after the events in the first film. It follows Caesar (Andy Serkis) as he tries to maintain control over his kingdom, and the scientists struggling to survive in San Francisco. The film opens in theaters May 23, 2014. Here’s the teaser trailer for the actual trailer, which debuts on May 8th. Here’s the latest poster:
- Snow Piercer Poster: This South Korean sci-fi film directed by Bong Joon-ho (The Host) stars Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton and Octavia Spencer. Snowpiercer is set in a future where a failed global-warming experiment kills off all life on the planet except for a lucky few that boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system evolves. The film opened internationally last August, but we’re just now going to be able to see it in the U.S. Here’s a new poster:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?