The first trailer for Kill The Messenger, starring Jeremy Renner has finally arrived. Check it out below. Also, there’s a new poster for Zach Braff‘s Wish I Was Here. We also have trailers for Earth To Echo and Snowpiercer. All that and more below.
- Will Smith Leaves Brilliance: Will Smith has dropped out of Brilliance, Universal and Legendary Pictures’ upcoming adaptation of Marcus Sakey‘s sci-fi/superhero novel of the same name. The script is written by David Koepp, with Julius Onah at the helm. The film follows a federal agent with a unique set of skills who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist who is out to start a civil war. Noomi Rapace is rumored to co-star. No word on who will replace Smith yet. [via Deadline]
- Kill The Messenger Trailer: Kill The Messenger stars Jeremy Renner as Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb, a reporter who became the target of a vicious smear campaign that drives him to the point of suicide after he exposes the CIA’s role in arming Contra rebels in Nicaragua and importing cocaine into California. The Focus Feature pic hits theaters October 10. Here’s the official trailer:
- Featurette For Edge Of Tomorrow: Tom Cruise will return to the big screen with another sci-fi movie. Directed by Doug Liman, Edge Of Tomorrow takes place in the near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. Cruise plays an officer who has never been to combat, and is abruptly dropped into a sort of suicide mission. The film also stars Emily Blunt, Lara Pulver, Jeremy Piven, Bill Paxon, and Charlotte Riley. Here’s a featurette:
- Trailer For Earth To Echo: Earth To Echo follows a group of friends who start receiving strange, encoded messages on their cell phones, but when their parents and the authorities don’t have an answer, they take matters into their own hands and discover a mysterious being from another world. The film’s kids include Teo Halm, Brian “Astro” Bradley, Reese Hartwig and Ella Lennea Wahlestedt. Here’s the latest poster:
- Snowpiercer Trailer: This South Korean sci-fi film directed by Bong Joon-ho (The Host) stars Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton and Octavia Spencer. Snowpiercer is set in a future where a failed global-warming experiment kills off all life on the planet except for a lucky few that boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system evolves. The film opened internationally last August, but we’re just now going to be able to see it in the U.S. Here’s a new trailer:
- Deliver Us From Evil Teaser: Deliver Us From Evil stars Eric Bana as a NY polive officer who begins investigating a series of disturbing and inexplicable crimes. The film comes from director Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Sinister). Edgar Ramirez, Olivia Munn, Sean Harris and Joel McHale also star. The film opens July 2. Here’s a 90-second teaser:
Photos & Posters:
- New Poster For Kill The Messenger: And here’s the poster for Kill The Messenger:
- Wish I Was Here Poster: Zach Braff’s second directorial effort Wish I Was Here stars Braff, along with Donald Faison, Josh Gad, Pierce Gagnon, Ashley Greene, Kate Hudson, Joey King, Jim Parsons and Mandy Patinkin. The film tells the story of Aidan Bloom, a struggling actor, father and husband, who at 35 is still trying to find himself. Aidan winds up trying to home school his two children when his father can no longer afford to pay for private education and the only available public school is on its last legs. Through teaching them about life his way, Aidan gradually discovers some of the parts of himself he couldn’t find. Here’s the latest poster:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?