Earlier this week, Disney released the first teaser trailer for Big Hero 6, their first Marvel movie. The animated feature tells the story of a robotics prodigy who builds a superhero team. We have the latest poster below. Also, Sony Picture Classics released the first clip for the Sundance film Whiplash, starring Miles Teller. All that and more below.
- Sony Buys The Intern’s Handbook For Dave Franco: Sony wants to turn Dave Franco into a major star. The studio has just purchased the rights to a new book titled The Intern’s Handbook: A Thriller by Shane Kuhn, hoping to kickstart a franchise starring the younger Franco. The story follows John Lago, whc is a very bad guy, who he’s the best at what he does, which is “infiltrate top-level companies and assassinate crooked executives while disguised as an intern.” Cool. What do you think? [via /Film]
- Clip For Foxcatcher: Below is the first clip for the dramatic film Foxcatcher, starring Steve Carell as an overweight millionaire named John du Pont, whose “notorious relationship with Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler Dave Shultz (Mark Ruffalo) ended with the grisly demise of the professional athlete.” The film is directed by Moneyball helmer Bennett Miller. This is surprisingly dark material for Carell, but this is the kind of stuff he left The Office for, so more power to him. Foxcatcher is set to hit theaters November 14th.
- Clip For Whiplash: One of the most buzzed about films to come out of this year’s Sundance was Damien Chazelle‘s Whiplash, which stars Miles Teller and J.K. Simmons. The film tells the story of a young musician who struggles to make it as a top jazz drummer. Sony Picture Classics has released the first clip for the film. In it, Simmons tries to teach Teller the difference between rushing and dragging by slapping him around a few times. The movie opens October 10. Here’s the trailer:
- True Blood Season 7 Trailer: Here’s the trailer for the 7th season of True Blood, which returns June 22.
Photos & Posters:
- New Poster For Transformers Sequel: Michael Bay’s Transformers franchise will return to theaters this summer with a whole new cast. Starring Mark Wahlberg as a scrap metal dealer, Transformers: Age of Extinction also features Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Kelsey Grammar, Stanley Tucci, Sophia Myles, T.J. Miller and Li Bingbing. Here’s the latest poster:
- Big Hero 6 Poster: Big Hero 6 is Disney’s first Marvel movie. The teaser trailer arrived earlier this week. Below we have a poster. The movie opens November 7, 2014. Here’s the poster:
- New Images For Sin City: A Dame To Kill For: Nine years after Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller released the original Sin City unto theaters comes the long-delayed sequel Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. Much like the first film, the black-and-white sequel is made up of interconnected vignettes that bounce between past and present time. A Dame To Kill For is primarily based on the second book in the Sin City series created by Miller, but he also wrote a couple of original stories specifically for the film. The film, which opens August 22, brings back Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Jaime King, Powers Boothe, Mickey Rourke and Bruce Willis. Josh Brolin and Joseph Gordeon-Levitt also star. Here’s a set of new stills, courtesy of EW:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?