In last night’s The Mindy Project, Mindy swore off men and put all of her former lovers in a heartbreak box (Not literally, but symbolically.) She decides to dive into work, but gets too attached to one of her younger patients: A chubby college girl with low self-esteem. “An Officer And A Gynecologist” also followed Danny as he pretended to be a Jewish doctor in order to get more patients.
- Director: Rob Schrab, David Rogers
- Writer: Ike Barinholtz and David Stassen, Chris Schleicher
- Cast: Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Adam Pally, Zoe Jarman, Beth Grant, Glenn Howerton,
Episode Title: “An Officer and a Gynecologist”
Mindy clashes with a police officer when she gives his daughter birth control pills. Meanwhile, a rabbi thinks Danny is Jewish when he refers his congregation to the practice.
- The Mentor: When Mindy gives Jenny, a college student birth control, she gets an angry visit from a handsome police officer. The man turns out to be Jenny’s dad, Detective Charlie Lang, and Mindy and he begin an innocent quarrel. But before Mindy lands a date with Mr. Lang, she tries to pass on some wisdom to Jenny. Mindy tells her she needs to stop letting the men in her life push her around and feel empowered. But as always, Mindy’s words are taken out of context, and she ends up with a huge mess on her hands.
- Dr. Danny Shulman: Danny accidentally gets confused for a Jewish doctor. Instead of admitting that he’s not one of the chosen people, he goes to Peter for help on how to be a Jew. But the whole plan backfires and Danny is outed as a liar over at a hilarious dinner at a rabbi’s house.
- Friends: Mindy and Danny are starting to be friends again. But there’s still a weird vibe between them. We’ve heard that this season will have a romantic ending. Will Mindy and Danny end up together? And if not, can they ever be just friends?
- “You look like a kindergarten teacher with steak in her teeth.” –Detective Charlie Lang
- “It’s my heartbreak box.” –Mindy
- “I’m not a guy, I’m a man.” –Det. Charlie Lang
- Sex Party: Jenny tries to empower herself by throwing a sex party at Mindy’s house. Who would’ve known that this sweet girl was so kinky? Or that she planned to lose her virginity to Morgan?!
Although Mindy says she’s swearing off men, dating has always been her thing. We have yet to see her with an older man, so if she does date Detective Lang, it’ll be an interesting new spin. Also, will this make Danny jealous? We hope so!
The Mindy Project airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m on Fox.