The latest YA adaptation is If I Stay, starring Chloe Moretz as a 17-year-old girl battling for her life. We’ll spare the details just in case you haven’t read the book. Also, sources are reporting that David Fincher has exited the Steve Jobs biopic because Sony won’t meet his expectations. More details on that below. We also have posters for The Rover, Gone Girl, and The Equalizer. All that and more in this week’s News Roundup.
- David Fincher Exits Steve Jobs Biopic: David Fincher may be asking for too much control over that Steve Jobs biopic he’s set to direct, so much so that it might cost him the gig. According to THR, Fincher asked Sony Pictures to hand over $10 million upfront in fees along with control over the film’s marketing, and now the studio wants to replace him. Fincher is known for his demanding ways, but he’s one of the best filmmakers in the biz right now. Do you think he’s being “ridiculous”?
- Chloe Moretz Will star In The 5th Wave: Chloe Moretz is following in the footsteps of Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley by signing on to be the star of The 5th Wave, an adaptation of Rick Yancey‘s YA sci-fi novel. The story follows 16-year-old Cassie Sullivan as she tries to survive in a world devastated by the waves of an alien invasion. The film will be directed by J Blakeson, and scripted by Susannah Grant (Erin Brokovich, The Soloist). [via THR]
- First TV Spot For 22 Jump Street: Here’s the first TV spot for 22 Jump Street, starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. The comedy sequel hits theaters June 13, 3014.
- If I Stay Trailer: Based on Gayle Forman‘s teen novel If I stay, the film stars Chloe Moretz as Mia Hall, a 17-year-old girl dealing with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. Jamie Blackley plays Moretz’s love interest Adam. The film is directed by R.J. Cutler and opens August 22nd. Here’s the trailer:
- Trailer For Third Person: Written and directed by Crash‘s Paul Haggis‘, Third Person stars Liam Neeson, Kim Basinger, Adrien Brody, James Franco, Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis and Maria Bello. The film combines three love stories, set in three different cities: Rome, Paris and New York. Third Person opens June 20th.
- Honesty Trailer For The Wolf Of Wall Street: Martin Scorsese‘s The Wolf Of Wall Street has gotten the Honest Trailers treatment. Check it out:
Photos & Posters:
- New Poster For The Rover: Written and directed by David Michod, The Rover stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson as two guys on the road. Set 10 years following the collapse of society, Pattinson plays a gang member who gets left behind after a robbery, and Pearce is the victim he’s forced to help recover the one thing that still matters to him. It’s nice to see Pattinson is something other than red eyes and glistening skin. The film will premiere at Cannes. Here’s the poster:
- New Poster For Gone Girl: Here’s the first poster for David Fincher’s Gone Girl. The movie hits theaters October 3rd. Check it out:
- New Poster For The Equalizer: Denzel Washington and Antoine Fuqua reunite for the movie adaptation of the 80s TV drama The Equalizer. Washington plays Robert McCall, once played by the late Edward Woodward, a retired intelligence operator who faked his own demise to live under the radar. The film will hit theaters September 26th.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?