The saying goes, you can get over someone by getting under someone else, but we all know that’s not true. In the latest episode of The Mindy Project, Mindy, who’s still upset about her breakup with Danny, tests out this theory. In “Think Like A Peter,” Mindy began dating “like a dude” and awkwardly drinking a lot of whiskey.
- Director: Rob Schrab, David Rogers
- Writer: Ike Barinholtz and David Stassen, Chris Schleicher
- Cast: Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Adam Pally, Zoe Jarman, Beth Grant, Glenn Howerton,
Episode Title: “Think Like A Peter”
Peter encourages Mindy to think more like a man. To test his advice, they go to a bar, where they meet Lee, a smooth-talking second-grade teacher who’s up to no good. Meanwhile, Danny tries to give relationship advice to Tamara.
- Being Peter: First, let’s all agree that Mindy Kaling kills it in every episode and she’s pretty much THE REASON we watch this show. She has amazing chemistry with all of her co-stars and she’s adorable. Her current friendship with Peter is awesome on so many levels. Unlike with Danny, there’s no sexual tension (and let’s face it, sex is always the quickest way to end a friendship). Peter and Mindy equal fun and games and lots of laughs. And that’s exactly what last night’s episode was.
- Therapy Session: So now that Mindy’s spending all of her time with Peter, Danny’s being left out. Mindy doesn’t feel comfortable expressing her frustrations to Danny anymore, like she use to before THE KISS. But Danny, who apparently loved being that shoulder to cry on, desperately wants someone to tell him their problems. So he goes around the office looking for someone to talk to. But he get a little more than he bargained for when he finds Tamara and Morgan making out in the kitchen pantry.
- “Yeah I learned a lot from Wolf of Wall Street which is how to do every single drug known to man.” –Mindy
- Moving On: Both Mindy and Danny are dealing with their breakup their own way. Mindy’s acting like Peter and Danny’s digging in pantries. This isn’t an easy breakup because they both work together and have to see each other daily. But why are they acting like what happened between them wasn’t a big deal? Are we just suppose to forget the show’s two leads kissed and went on dates and slept over each others’ houses?
Although we’re a little confused about Mindy and Danny’s current relationship, “Think Like A Peter” was a nice break from all the doctor stuff. Peter brought out the gutsy side of Mindy. We don’t expect her to be his carbon copy, but now she has an entertaining story to tell about that one time she had a one-night stand with a teacher who was married!
The Mindy Project airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m on Fox.