It’s prom! Leslie, Ron and the whole gang get all gussied up on the latest episode of Parks and Recreation, which is getting close to wrapping up season 6.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Ken Wittingham
- Writers: Matt Murray, Harris Wittels
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins, Ben Schwartz, Lucy Lawless, Jon Glaser, Henry Winkler
Episode Title: “Prom”
Leslie and the gang try to keep the party alive when the senior prom is scrapped due to school budget cuts necessitated by the Pawnee/Eagleton merger.
- Vibe Curators: The Ben-Tom prom DJs plot was probably the best, mainly because it allowed Ben to bust out some sweet tunes (“Pop Song 89) and drop some nice references (Husker Du). There was also a quick shot of him holding the classic Toad the Wet Sprocket album Dulcinea.
- April: Her prom outfit was great, as was her pure hatred of all things happiness and fun. Orrin playing April’s mom – and Champion as dad – was a magnificent scene.
- Banger: Tom’s realization that he isn’t Joe Cool anymore was fun to watch play out, as was his system for picking bangin’ tunes.
- Allison (aka France from the Model U.N. episode): She was fun to watch maneuver between the Ron vs. Leslie plot; pulling out the superb binder for Leslie was good stuff.
- Ron: His scene with Leslie where he ranked her levels of craziness was a nice moment, even if she is so annoying!
- Ben: Zoot Suit Wyatt is a radio show that demands a listen! Also, the tan overcoat was just killing it!
- Best Line: Ben: “I hope the high school auditorium is big enough because I am bringing 10,000 Maniacs.”
- Greg Pikitis: Probably in the minority here, but the return of Pikitis underwhelmed, even if it was slightly hilarious he is dating Allison.
- Leslie: You are annoying. I hate you! Not really, but Leslie can be such a pain in the ass.
Still not sure if Leslie is going to leave or not, but maybe she will decide there are just so many more people out there in the world beyond Pawnee who need her to annoy them to hell and back. The episode, “Prom,” was a bit all over the place, but numerous cute and/or funny moments propelled the evening to a success. Ben and Tom as co-DJs was the highlight.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:30 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?