It’s “L.A. Law,” New Girl style, as Schmidt is desperate for legal help from Nick of all people.
Check below for the full review…
- Director: Sophia Lear
- Writers: Steve Welch
- Cast: Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, Lamorne Morris, Hannah Simone, Merritt Wever, Damon Wayans Jr.
Episode Title: “Fired Up”
Jess hires, then must immediately fire Coach as her school’s new volleyball coach. Meanwhile, Schmidt gets sued and enlists Nick and a procedural television-loving Winston to represent him at the deposition
- Buster: As long as Cece’s new love interest doesn’t move into the loft it’s all good. Seemed out of left field to introduce a new guy for Cece, but her character could use some action.
- Schmidt: Some quality comments throughout the lawsuit plot.
- Nick: Pronounces the “G” in lasagna for the love of god! Also funny when he used the phrase “preppy dicks.”
- Winston: Leaving the baseball card-as-business card as he exited the deposition was very funny. His whole power lawyer routine was great.
- Winston + Piano: His piano-playing in the store surrounded by Nick and Schmidt and all of Schmidt’s stuff was a nice (and funny) touch to the scene, which set the wheels in motion for the lawsuit plot.
- No Love: The episode played out with zero focus on Nick and Jess’ relationship, which was a nice change of pace.
- The Quote: Schmidt: “Walk with dignity you giant toddler.”
- Coach-Jess: The storyline wasn’t really bad, just kinda forgettable.
With Linda Cardellini having wrapped up her trio of episodes last week it’s back to business – with Schmidt now back in the loft. Nothing mind-blowingly funny about “Fired Up,” but a solid outing with some good laughs throughout.
New Girl airs on Fox at 9pm (ET/PT) on Tuesday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?