It’s the third – and most likely final – round of sexy Linda Cardellini on New Girl, wrapping up her mostly enjoyable stint as Jess’ crazy/sexy/cool sister, Abby.
Check below for the full review…
- Director: Jay Chandrasekhar
- Writers: Camilla Blackett
- Cast: Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, Lamorne Morris, Hannah Simone, Merritt Wever, Damon Wayans Jr.
Episode Title: “Sister III”
When Jess moves into Nick’s bedroom, they both must deal with their complete lack of personal space. Meanwhile, Cece worries that Abby (guest star Linda Cardellini) is taking advantage of Schmidt.
- Jewelry: Abby’s jewelry is both interesting and dangerous. Love the Iroquois Throat Band!
- Coach-Cece: Coach playing Cece’s “girl” friend almost too well was a funny storyline in the episode. Regardless if Damon Wayans Jr. really needs to be on the show or not, he is very talented and funny – and his character only adds to the solid group chemistry.
- Long Shirt: Nick’s long shirt was great. Also cool that he thinks he looks like George Washington.
- Jess: The hotel montage was fun to see.
- Sponge: Their romance was brief, but good to know Abby and Schmidt shared one sponge – and they used it for everything.
- Choker: More Iroquois Throat Band! Nick and Schmidt’s conversation in the bar – as Schmidt is wearing the obscene choker necklace – was terrific.
- Schmidt: Really enjoyed his line about Coach and Cece’s friendship as a real “bummer.” This followed the funny line from Coach about Schmidt’s “clean ass trash…” Who doesn’t put their coffee grinds in a bag before throwing it in the garbage?
- The Quote: Schmidt: “It’s not just a choker, it’s a story.”
- Winston: Not sure how long they plan to drag this police academy thing out, but goodness let’s hope we get some resolution soon.
- Abby: With the exception of her licking syrup off Schmidt in the opening segment, Abby’s swan song in the episode was mostly forgettable.
- Nick: Did not buy for a second his being uncomfortable with changing in front of Jess.
A few key things happened in “Sisters III”: Abby left, and Schmidt finally moves back into the loft. Now the loft is really crowded, but having Schmidt across the hall just wasn’t going to work long-term. His moving back into the loft can only equal good things as we head into the home stretch of season three.
New Girl airs on Fox at 9pm (ET/PT) on Tuesday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?