After long anticipation, the full trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy finally hit the web on Tuesday. Now, we have the film’s first official poster, which you can see below. Also, Meryl Streep will be taking on feminism in her next film. The acclaimed actress has joined Suffragette, which already stars Carey Mulligan. We also have a cool series of LEGO poster featuring the Best Oscar Picture nominees. All that and more below.
- Meryl Streep Joins Suffragette: Meryl Streep is tackling feminism in her next film. The actress has joined Suffragette, which tells the story of a woman named Maude (Carey Mulligan) who is a worker bee in the growing feminism movement of the early 20th century. She turns radical and starts looking to violence as a way to further the cause. Streep will play Emmeline Pankhurst, who founded the Women’s Franchise League and the Women’s Social and Political Union. She was also named one of the 100 most important people of the 20th century. Though she won’t be the star of the film, her role is still very important. Brandan Gleeson and Ben Whishaw will also co-star. Suffragette will begin filming on Monday, February 24th.
- Enemy Featurette: In Enemy, Jake Gyllenhaal plays a teacher who runs into his exact double, and then goes a little crazy. The actor once again teams up with Prisoners director Denis Villeneuve, but the style of this thriller is totally different from the former. Adapted from Jose Saramago‘s 2002 novel The Double, the film also stars Melanie Laurent, Isabella Rossellini, and Sarah Gadon. Enemy premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last year and will hit limited theaters March 14. Gyllenhaal looks like he’s really having fun with this loony character, and the style of the film is very intriguing. Check out this new featurette:
- New 22 Jump Street Trailer: Here’s the new green-band trailer for 22 Jump Street, starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. The comedy sequel hits theaters June 13, 3014.
- Three New Clips For Need For Speed: Directed by Scott Waugh, Need For Speed stars Aaron Paul as a street racer who is framed by a wealthy business associate and joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins. The movie is set to hit theaters March 14, 2014. Here are three new clips:
- Amy Adams Remembers Philip Seymour Hoffman: Amy Adams had the pleasure of working with the late Philip Seymour Hoffman twice. Once in 2008′s Doubt, and then again in 2012′s The Master. This week, Adams appeared on Inside The Actors Studio and, the actress got very emotional when remembering her friend. It’s a beautiful and genuine moment. Check it out:
Photos & Posters:
- New Poster For The Raid 2: Berandal: Here’s a new poster for The Raid 2: Berandal. The movie hits theaters March 2014.
- Godzilla Poster: Here’s a new poster for Gareth Evans‘ Godzilla. The movie hits theaters May 16. Check it out:
- First Poster For Guardians Of The Galaxy: Directed by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Gregg Henry, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel. The movie hits theaters August 1st. Here’s the first official poster:
- Best Picture Oscar Nominees Get LEGO poster: The people over at Old Red Jalopy has created an awesome series of posters for all 9 Oscar nominees for Best Picture with LEGO. Our favorite is the one for 12 Years A Slave. Check them out:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?