Greta Gerwig is heading to TV. The lovely Frances Ha actress has landed the lead role in CBS’ spinoff series How I Met Your Dad. We have more details on that below. Also, a new poster for Under The Skin, starring a seductive Scarlett Johnasson, has been released. We also have a cool infographic called The Nudity Comparison. All that and more below.
- Greta Gerwig Will Lead How I Met Your Dad: Aside from being the star of the How I Met Your Mother spinoff, Greta Gerwig will also produce and contribute writing to the new series. Created by Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and EP Emily Spivey, the show will be a female version of How I Met Your Mother. This is a brand new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. Gerwig will play Sally, “a female Peter Pan who never has grown up and has no idea where she’s going in life. Here’s a further synopses: “[Sally] just has figured out that she has nothing in common with her husband of less than a year. A break is inevitable, but Sally will find a solid circle of support from friends and family, who often are too willing to give ‘good’ advice that can backfire badly. Meanwhile, Sally must filter out the input and decide what’s best for her.” [via THR]
- John Singleton To Direct Tupac Shakur Biopic: John Singleton is back onboard the Tupac Shakur biopic. According to Rolling Stone, the filmmaker will write, direct and produce the still untitled project.
- Paramount Developing Benghazi Film: Yup, Paramount is totally going there. According to Deadline, the studio is negotiating with 3 Arts Entertainment to get the rights to the book Thirteen Hours: A Firsthand Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi. The book is set for release in late spring. Chuck Hogan will write the adaptation. Perhaps with the movie, those people who are still asking questions will finally get their answers.
- Brick Mansions Trailer: Here’s a trailer for one of Paul Walker‘s last films, titled Brick Mansions. The film is an English-language remake of the French movie District B13, Mansions which is set in a dystopian future Detroit. Walker stars as an undercover sop who is tasked with going into a tenement names Brick Mansions to disarm a neutron bomb that is ticking toward detonation. The movie hits theaters April 25th. Check it out:
- Need For Speed Featurette: Directed by Scott Waugh, Need For Speed stars Aaron Paul as a street racer who is framed by a wealthy business associate and joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins. The movie is set to hit theaters March 14, 2014. Here’s a cool new featurette that shows some of the cast members talking about the awesome cars they get to drive:
Photos & Posters:
- Two New International Posters For Noah: Paramount has released a new poster for Noah featuring a very serious Russell Crow. The film hits theaters March 28, 2014, and also stars stars Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Anthony Hopkins and Logan Lerman. Check it out:
- The Two Faces of January Poster: Based on Patricia Highsmith‘s novel, The Two Faces of January tells the story of a con artist, his wife, and a stranger who try to flee a foreign country after one of them is caught up in the murder of a police officer. The Two Faces of January stars Viggo Mortensen, Oscar Isaac and Kirsten Dunst. There’s no US release date yet, but the film will hit the UK in May. Here’s the latest poster:
- New Transcendence Poster: Here’s the new poster for the sci-fi film Transcendence, starring Johnny Depp. The Christopher Nolan film opens April 2014.
- Official Poster For Brick Mansions: And here’s the official poster for Brick Mansions:
- New Under The Skin Poster: One of the most talked about films this year is Jonathan Glazer‘s Under The Skin, which stars Scarlett Johansson as a seductive alien. The film follows her sexual ventures “around the exquisitely moody landscapes of the Scottish highlands.” Under The Skin is Glazer’s third movie in 13 years (following 2000′s Sexy Beast). Check out the cool new poster:
- New Oculus Poster: Oculus hits theaters April 11. Here’s the new poster:
- The Nudity Comparison: Here’s a cool infographic that compares the nudity on five different shows including Girls, Orange Is The New Black, Game of Thrones, True Blood and Masters of Sex. Check it out.
- Set Photos For Indie Pic Sea Odyssey: A while ago with featured Adam Nelson‘s Sea Odyssey in one of our Best New Indie Trailers. The film is a short, live-action narrative film about a father-son relationship. The story follows a father who embarks on an ambitious deep sea adventure to find solace in the shadow of his son’s looming death. Currently, Nelson is shooting the film and he was nice enough to provide me with some stills from the set. Check it out (also, if you want to find out more about this indie film, check them out on Facebook):
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?