Sexy Linda Cardellini shows up on the latest episode of New Girl for what looks like an extended stay as Jess’ wild sister, Abby.
Check below for the full review…
- Director: Max Winkler
- Writers: Matt Fusfeld & Alex Cuthbertson
- Cast: Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, Lamorne Morris, Hannah Simone, Merritt Wever, Damon Wayans Jr.
Episode Title: “Sisters”
Jess’ wild-child sister, Abby (guest star Linda Cardellini), pays a visit and immediately throws the loft into disarray.
- Linda Cardellini: Lookin’ good! Didn’t blow the doors off the episode, but her character will no doubt spice things up now that she’s moving in with Jess, Coach, Nick and Winston in the loft.
- Schmidt: Yet another winning episode for one of the best characters on TV. His ‘monologues’ that so annoyed Nick were funny.
- Shout: Love Schmidt referencing Otis Day & the Knights and those famous lines from the classic song “Shout.” Schmidt at the Bar Mitzvah was funny.
- Good Line: Schmidt working on Rachel with the line: “Baruch atah Ado – nice dress”
- Winston: He eats soup funny! Also funny his blurting out the fact that Bertie dreamed of killing him. Funny!
- Coach/Cece: Cece seems a bit lost in the flow of things, but happy to see the writers avoided a Coach/Cece romance by keeping them just friends after an awkward attempt to hook-up again.
- The Quote: Winston: “She’s making 10 or 11 soups – and all are cream-based.”
- 5s A Crowd: Love Linda Cardellini, but not sure what the point is of adding her wild and crazy character to the cast. The loft is now very crowded. Have the writers just run out of ideas for the core cast?
Bringing Linda Cardellini on as Jess’ crazy sister is a good idea. But having her move in with Jess and remain on the show for more episodes seems out of left field. This could be the writers exploring a way to break up Jess and Nick. Maybe she’ll hook up with Schmidt. As for the episode, it was okay. Schmidt was A-plus, and the rest of the ensemble had some nice moments here and there.
New Girl airs on Fox at 9pm (ET/PT) on Tuesday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?