It’s the episode before the episode when Chris and Ann leave, so before we stock up on tissues, this week’s Parks and Recreation finds Ben and Leslie balancing work and marriage – and vegetables.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Adam Scott!
- Writers: Joe Mande
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins, Ben Schwartz, Lucy Lawless, Jon Glaser, Henry Winkler
Episode Title: “Farmers Market”
Leslie and Ben investigate shady business practices at the farmers market.
- Ron’s Headphone: Everything about Ron’s old school headphones ruled all night long. Especially when they were hooked up to the old record player and he is listening to Willie Nelson.
- Rectangle of Music: Even more Ron and the headphones, this time hooked up to an iPod, which he seemed quite thrilled with the fact that his records could be magically inserted into such a small rectangle for him to listen to.
- Jerry: Almost choked – again! This time in the basement when Leslie yelled at him.
- All the Nipples: Chris was perfectly pleasant, helpful, annoying and rockin’ the sweet jogging outfit.
- Johnny Karate: The Andy/April plot had some nice spice to it, especially when Andy revved up the cute songs at the birthday party.
- Cigar: Donna with the cigar was just all kinds of terrific.
- Adam Scott: He directed “Farmers Market.” The directing was awesome!
- Best Line: Donna: “This is a Cuban, this is yellowtail, I feel amazing.”
- One Rant too Many: Ann had a mostly strong episode as she prepares for the tears of her send-off next week, but it was one whining and ranting session too many.
- Baby?: Where is Diane? Isn’t Ron on the verge of fatherhood? Will we see a storyline anytime soon regarding this?
Next week’s farewell to Chris and Ann should provide buckets of sweet moments, but until then we have “Farmers Market,” which was not great, just good. The Ben/Leslie plot wasn’t anything special, but Ron and his headphones scored numerous laughs. Glad to see Chris and Ann get some extra special screen time as next week it is adios to the two likable TV characters. Also, it was announced this week that Parks will be renewed for a seventh season. Part happy, part surprised. Honestly thought they were wrapping it up. Will be curious to see what, if anything, changes as they close season 6 and look to a seventh season.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:30 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?