Fresh off her well-deserved win at Sunday’s Golden Globes for Best Actress in a TV Comedy, Amy Poehler and her Parks and Recreation cohorts return with “New Beginnings”, which is, yeah, like all the characters starting new stuff in their lives.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Alan Yang
- Writers: Sam Means
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins, Ben Schwartz, Lucy Lawless, Jon Glaser, Henry Winkler
Episode Title: “New Beginnings”
Leslie and Ben both face new challenges on the first day of new jobs. Donna, April and Andy play a prank on Ben, while Tom prepares for a big presentation.
- Smuggled Cheese: Another solid Ben showing, now Mr. City Manager. The prank plot definitely was a highlight.
- Grey Chris: That Chris Traeger loves Grey’s Anatomy – and finds it a roller-coaster of emotion -is not at all surprising, and also totally sad. How is that show still on the air?
- Jerry: Almost choked on a cracker. But didn’t. Maybe the best part of the episode.
- Andy: The ‘Governor Jr.’ line when speaking with Ben was great. Then, of course, was the misspelling of ‘respect’ and referring to Aretha Franklin as ‘Urethra.”
- Ron: The montage of his destroying and burying his employee of the month plaque was terrific. He also hides the bacon in his office ceiling.
- Cool: Had to like Tom’s champagne cork-popping App.
- Best Line: Donna: “What the F**K?”
- Chris & Ann: And here they are once again. Their plot was not very good, and now it’s definitely time for the sweet duo to leave. There is literally nothing left for these two likable characters to do on Parks.
Solid effort – nothing to get too crazy about. There is a sense the show is lining up all the pieces to finally finish the Parks puzzle and wrap things up at the close of season six. All that’s really left is finding out what Leslie going to do: does she stay as Parks Director for the remainder of the series, or will she leave town for something bigger? There is hubby Ben, who is now City Manager, so he would have to leave as well, but… Oh, never-mind. No reason to over-think it.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:30 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?