All’s well that ends well, right? Wrong! In the penultimate episode of Nikita, we learned how far Amanda is willing to go to achieve her goals. Meanwhile, “Bubble” featured an unexpected hook-up (not really), and a death that no one wanted.
- Director: Nick Copus
- Writer: Oliver Grigsby
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Noah Bean, Lyndie Greenwood, David S. Lee, John Getz, Vincent Ventresca
Episode Title: “Bubble”
After rescuing President Spencer, Nikita (Q) and Co. are held at a military based in Virginia. They give statements revealing everything they know about Division, Gogol, Oversight, MDK and The Shop. Even though Amanda’s (Clarke) presumed dead, Ryan (Bean) continues to dig. He believes there’s more to the story (there is) and he asks for a meeting with MDK leader, Mr. Jones (Lee). Meanwhile, Alex (Fonseca) rescues Sam (Sawa) after he’s captured by bookies. Once they return from Paris, they have a shouting match but eventually sleep together.
- No More Secrets: Ryaaan! That’s the first thing that came to mind after he decided to take his life. Ryan was hellbent on meeting Mr. Jones, and when he finally did, he was drugged and sent to Amanda. Her plan was to erase his memory to keep him from digging any further. Thankfully, Ryan’s learned a few things while hanging out with Nikita. He broke free, injured Amanda’s face and assaulted her men before being cornered. With nowhere to go, he turned and said, “No more secrets” before jumping out of a window. Ryan was one of the most underrated characters on this show. He was an idealist, but he stuck to his convictions. He would rather die than become another Amanda drone.
- The Long Whisper Goodbye: With only one episode left, the writers knew they had to get Nikita up to speed fast. While at the hospital, Ryan used his last breaths to tell all. We’re so happy they didn’t go for ONE cryptic word followed by a gasp and choke. Ryan held on until he could get out every little detail. He’s a lot stronger than anyone gave him credit for. Also, when Nikita initially went into his room, we teared up when she said, “He’s my family!”
- There’s Always a Group Behind the Group: So Amanda’s done taking orders. We learned that The Shop consists of eight people, including Mr. Jones. So Amanda’s slowly but surely making all their doubles her foot soldiers so she can become the ultimate power. Sneaky, sneaky.
- We Started From the Bottom Now We’re Here: This show started with Nikita and Alex infiltrating Division, and it’s going to end with them taking down The Shop. The final scene with them reuniting gave us goosebumps. Nikita’s done playing by the rules. After what Amanda did to Ryan, she’s ready to win by any means necessary.
- That Was Quick: We’ve been against the Alex/Sam relationship sense the beginning. They’ve made it into our Bad section every week. But at this point, we know we’ll never get a fitting end for the Sam character. After he and Alex slept together, we threw in the towel. Even though he’s pressing for a relationship, Alex is apprehensive and rightfully so. All the writers had were six episodes to work with, and instead of having Alex at Nikita’s side, she’s been delegated into a contrived love story. Alex has never been about having a man. She didn’t need one. Her story was always about reconciling her family.
Ryan’s death sealed the deal for us. His sacrifice was just the motivation Nikita needed to take out Amanda once and for all. We’re ready for it, are you?
Nikita airs Fridays at 9 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of this week’s Nikita?