One of the most anticipated shows of 2014 is, without a doubt, House Of Cards. The Netflix original series has gotten a lot of love lately – earlier this week if was nominated for four Golden Globes as well as other prestigious awards. A new, full-length trailer has hit the web, check it out below. Also, a teaser poster for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For has been released. We also have two neat montage videos featuring this year’s filmography. All that and more below.
- Rosemary’s Baby Headed To TV: NBC is developing a four-hour miniseries adaptation of Rosemary’s Baby. The show will be directed by Agnieszka Holland, and will be set in Paris instead of New York, which was the setting of Roman Polanski‘s iconic film. [Source: Vulture]
- Lionsgate Acquires Zealot: Lionsgate is making a bible-based epic of their own. The studio has acquired the feature film rights to internationally acclaimed author Dr. Reza Aslan‘s New York Times best seller Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth. The book has been named one of the best books of the year by Publishers Weekly, and it’s said that it challenges long-held assumptions about Jesus. [Source: ComingSoon]
- Fancy Avengers: This week Unreality Magazine posted a gallery featuring Avengers-themed evening gowns. Check it out.
- House Of Cards Season 2 Trailer: House Of Cards, which stars Starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, will return to Netflix on February 14. Here’s the trailer:
- Bad Words Red Band Trailer: Here’s the trailer for Jason Bateman‘s feature directorial debut Bad Words. The movie also stars Rohan Chand, Kathryn Hahn, Ben Falcone, Philip Baker Hall and Allison Janney. Bad Words opens March 2014.
- Two New Golden Globe Promos: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are returning to host the Golden Globes, and yeah, we’re pretty excited about it. Check out the latest promos with these two fun ladies:
- Final Cut 2013: For movie lovers, the end of the year is very exciting for a number of reasons, one of them being those awesome videos filled with footage from movies that were released throughout the year. We’ll be showing you several of these in the weeks that follow. Here’s the first one, courtesy of JoBlo and editor Nick Bosworth (via /Film). This Final Cut 2013 argues that life without movies is impossible.
- Filmography 2013: And here’s another montage by Gen Ip. She makes one every year, and every year she surprises us. (Her videos are chilling!) Check it out:
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For Teaser Poster: Here’s the first teaser for Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller‘s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. The film opens August 22, 2014.
- Alamo 100: The Alamo Drafthouse has put together their definitive top 100 list of films they like to call Alamo 100. Check it out:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?