Two new posters have arrived for Lars von Trier‘s 4-hour, two-part epic Nymphomaniac. Both parts are set to his theaters next year. See the posters below. Also, James Franco has ramped up his Oscar campaign for Spring Breakers with a video. We also have updates on Fifty Shades of Grey, Universal’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Louis C.K.‘s future at FX. All that and more below.
- Marcia Gay Harden Boards Fifty Shades Of Grey: Marcia Gary Harden is the latest actress to join the cast of Fifty Shades of Grey. She’ll play Christian Grey’s adoptive mother, Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey. The film began production earlier this week in Vancouver.
- Louis CK Developing New Show At FX: Louis CK is set to deliver a new series for FX Networks. Deadline reports that the creator of the acclaimed comedy series Louie will develop, write and direct the new comedy episodes, which are unrelated to his current show.
- Universal Developing New YA Adaptation: Universal is bringing another YA novel to the big screen. Written by Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone will be directed by Michael Gracey, and adapted by Stuart Beattie (Pirates of the Caribbean). The novel tells the story of a young woman whose fathers sends her all over the world in the search for human teeth. Eventually, she realizes he’s in the middle of an epic, ethereal battle between good and evil. [via /Film]
- Star Wars And Doctor Who: This week, Unreality Magazine posted a gallery featuring sculptures of famous faces like Michael Jackson, Abraham Lincoln and Barack Obama as Star Wars figurines. Check it out. Also, the site posted a poster series by artist Matt Ferguson that shows all eleven Doctors (from Doctor Who) in silhouette.
- Noah Japanese Trailer: Paramount has released a Japanese trailer for Noah. It’s not a whole lot different from the one we saw a couple of weeks ago, but it does show some new footage. The film stars Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Anthony Hopkins and Logan Lerman. Noah hits theaters March 28, 2014.
- House Of Cards Gets Teaser And Release Date: The second season of Netflix’s House Of Cards will return on Friday, February 14, 2014. According to Netflix, the Underwoods will “continue their ruthless rise to power as threats mount on all fronts.” Here’s a very short and simple teaser featuring Robin Wright.
- James Franco Wants An Oscar: James Franco really wants an Oscar for his supporting role in Spring Breakers. He’s been promoting himself like crazy for some time now, mainly on Instagram. His latest strategy though includes a YouTube video that shows bits of his performance as Alien, along with quotes from notable critics praising his “hypnotic” acting. Check it out:
- Two New Poster For Nymphomaniac: Now that we know that Lars Von Treier’s Nymphomaniac will be split into two parts, Magnolia Pictures has released two posters, announcing Part 1 and Part 2. The first part will hit theaters on March 21, 3014, and the second will open a month later on April 18, 2013.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?