For Mindy, Christmas is just another opportunity to seduce a guy. In the latest episode of The Mindy Project, Dr. Lahiri tries to set up the perfect “Christmas Party Sex Trap” during her office’s holiday shindig, but as always, things don’t go as planned.
- Director: Alex Hardcastle
- Writer: Tracey Wigfield
- Cast: Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Adam Pally, Zoe Jarman, Beth Grant,
Episode Title: “Christmas Party Sex Trap”
Mindy plans an Christmas party for the entire building, so she can spend more time with Cliff. However, things don’t go her way when Brendan Deslaurier’s date, Maria Menounos, steals Mindy’s thunder by performing a seductive version of “Santa Baby” for the guests.
- Christmas Party: Everyone at the practice is dreading the Christmas party for their own personal reasons. Jeremy is back to being slim and so he’s afraid of overeating, Peter’s trying to stay off the booze, and Mindy’s nervous Cliff won’t fall for her sex trap. The party turns out to be a disaster, but everything eventually works out for Mindy. She still manages to achieve her goal of getting Cliff to the balcony for a romantic kiss in the snow.
- Danny’s Quirky Hobby: Danny’s super-secret hobby is, get this, building ginger bread houses modeled after famous American landmarks.
- Sing and Dance Numbers: What’s a Christmas episode without a little singing and dancing? Menounos did a great cover of “Santa Baby.” It was sexy and fun, and it made her boyfriend so furious he broke up with her. Danny also did some dancing. In an attempt to cheer up Mindy, he did a choreographed number to Aaliyah’s “Try Again.” The guy never stops surprising us.
- “As a feminist, it offended me to my core.” –Brendan
- “You didn’t hear it from me but Dr. L is wearing a booze bra.” –Beverley
- “Maybe I’m just a fat guy, you know. I mean I’m in the right country for it, and I’m tall so I wear it well.” –Jeremy
- Peter’s New Crush: Peter finds himself liking Maria Menounos, which isn’t hard to believe considering she’s beautiful and intelligent. However, his talents are wasted obsessing over booze instead of trying to impress her with his good sense of humor.
The Christmas episode of The Mindy Project was a hit. It had everything one would hope for – singing, gingerbread houses, romantic kisses, snow and Maria Menounos.
The Mindy Project airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on FOX.
What did you think of last night’s episode?