It’s yet another week of a Parks and Recreation double-bill, the first episode being “Fluoride,” which features Leslie, spirit dogs, and Councilman Jamm. Good times.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Michael Trim
- Writers: Matt Hubbard
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins, Ben Schwartz, Lucy Lawless
Episode Title: “Fluoride”
Leslie attempts to convince Pawnee that fluoride in the water is a good thing.
- Crazy Craig: Lots of funny moments from the new guy, especially when he yells at Larry.
- Jamm’s Very Large Chess Pieces: Easily one of the best, albeit brief, moments of the episode.
- Chris/Ron: The duo are always good together, and it will be sad when Chris leaves town. Ron’s “I’ll be in the car” line to Chris was terrific. Chris’ hair, as usual, was terrific as well.
- TDazzle: The promo video was funny, but not as funny as Leslie and Tom dancing to the music.
- Jamm: His chat with Perd Hapley was great: “You definitely understand what chemicals are.”
- April/Donna: This plot produced some good humor, notably when Donna answers April’s questions. Of course Donna’s fave films are Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey, Natural Born Killers and Remains of the Day! It’d be fun to know how many film titles were thrown around before the writers found a perfect three to use for Donna.
- Best Line: Donna: “Skill positions only, for Donna Meagle.”
- Needs more Jerry/Larry: Really nothing to get up in arms about. More Jerry/Larry is always welcome.
This was a funny episode. All three plots delivered the goods and — oh my God how are the ratings so low for this show?! Its been a nice comeback for Parks since NBC yanked the show off the air for three weeks.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:00 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?