Parks and Recreation keeps the funny going strong with “The Cones of Dunshire”, which matches Leslie and Councilman Jeremy Jamm one final time.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Dean Holland
- Writers: Dave King
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins, Ben Schwartz, Lucy Lawless, Jon Glaser
Episode Title: “The Cones of Dunshire”
A marathon negotiating session between Councilman Jamm and Leslie, who refuses to take “no” for an answer, occurs while Ben fills his time in between jobs with an interesting hobby.
- Ben’s T-Shirt Wins the Night – Again: He showed up in the awesome cold open rocking the classic Letter To Cleo shirt. Game on.
- Cold Open: That cold open with Ben and his epic Cones of Dunshire game breakdown was one for the Parks time capsule. So good. Merits numerous repeat viewings.
- Jamm On It: It was Jamm heavy episode, which payed off in one funny as hell moment after another.
- More Ben: The accounting job plot might have played second fiddle, but he was great, along with the co-workers. His wink was perfect.
- Cabin in the Woods: Donna and Tom selling Ron’s cabin also delivered lots of laughs – especially from April.
- Leslie/Jamm: The “Summer Nights” – Grease Role Reversal scene could not have been better. The duo really rocked together in the episode.
- Michelle Wie: Just the whole Michelle Wie thing in Jamm’s house was insanely funny.
- Want: “My Mouth Got Jammed” t-shirt. Seriously, sell this damn thing.
- April: Dropped a delicious Neko Case-Ben Gibbard line.
- Best Line: Ben: “Frank seems cool.”
- Leslie: Nope. Can’t do it. Usually Leslie is always here, but she and Jamm were just too good together.
Wow. This was a darn funny episode. “The Cones of Dunshire” might be the best of the season so far. It sets up Ben for the City Manager gig, which makes sense. It also might be that Jamm was just the comedy tonic the show needed to get back on track. He played a key role in both of the episodes on this night. And he was marvelous!
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:00 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?