Revenge deals in secrets so it’s no wonder they excelled at putting them on display. “Secrecy” brought two surprise guests to the Hamptons, but they weren’t the only ones coming out of the woodwork. More than one hidden truth came to light. With the wedding creeping ever closer things are starting to get good.
- Director: Colin Bucksey
- Writer: Sallie Patrick and JaSheika James
- Cast: Emily VanCamp, Madeleine Stowe, Gabriel Mann, Nick Wechsler, Henry Czerny, Josh Bowman, Christa B. Allen, Barry Sloane, Karine Vanasse, Annabelle Stephenson, Amber Valletta
Episode Title: “Secrecy”
Victoria plans a bridal shower for Emily, but it’s the bride-to-be’s surprise for Daniel that has everyone reeling.
- Secret Lives: Victoria survived the plane crash that ruined Emily’s plans at the end of season one so why shouldn’t Lydia. Waiting to reveal her existence until now had the desired effect. Lydia was an untamable minx during the first season, so perhaps her return will help bring about some of that old spontaneity the show had in the beginning. The reveal we clamored for last week was even more delicious than we expected. Emily’s marriage to her first husband Rohan not only facilitated his citizenship so he could stay with his partner Benny, but was with another of Takeda’s takedown trainees. Considering Emily is the one who put the information about her secret marriage out there, we knew she had things covered, but even we couldn’t expect such perfection.
- Mistress Mansion: It’s predictable that a family so rooted in evil would have a palace of adultery for the men of the bloodline. As usual Daniel pretended to be above this Grayson tradition right before using it to woo Sarah. Both played the part of average adulterers. They played the we’re-better-than-our-animal-urges card before surrendering. Their rendezvous inspired Emily to spearhead a foreseeable fix of her own. Faking a pregnancy is Man Trap 101 for a reason. Though a baby is one of the most ordinary of secrets, we’re sure Emily will manipulate the situation in new and thrilling ways.
- This One’s Free: Aiden’s assistance to Charlotte was nothing to be celebrated since he used her computer to tie Victoria to the murder weapon. Emily would have realized this could also implicate Charlotte, something she would never allow. Aiden isn’t done taking matters into his own hands though. Whatever he’s planned next might involve Nolan unless he remembers that he knows better than to go behind Emily’s back. We’re not the only ones who disapprove of Emily’s boyfriend; Jack’s shock and anger at her willingness to disappear with the Brit screamed true love. The real coup was when Emily took Nolan’s advice and purchased a watch that could put out a distress beacon—a Plan B that Rohan will disguise with rubies for the big day. If she’s planning for another escape than everything we hoped is true. There’s no real future for Emily and Aiden.
“Secrecy” is what Revenge is all about. Lydia’s return and Emily’s fake pregnancy is sure to create some very unexpected fireworks right before the wedding takedown. Though Sarah seems to be fading into the background, Aiden’s volatile nature is continuing to increase, making him the one most likely to erupt. Still the only thing we can think about is just how Emily plans to frame Victoria, and what could go wrong?
Revenge airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on ABC.
What did you think of this episode?