Great news for fans of The Killing. Thanks for Netflix, the show will come back for another season. More details on that below. We also have the latest Divergent poster, as well as updates on the Jeeper Creepers sequel and Warner Bros.’ Napoleon biopic. All that and more in our Friday Roundup.
- Rupert Sanders To Direct Napoleon Biopic: Rupert Sanders will direct Warner Bros.’ untitled Napoleon biopic. Variety reports the that script was written by Jeremy Doner. Here’s a summary of what we should expect: “The pic’s concept is that most of what the public knows about the French general is actually not true, including his famous short stature. In this version, he’s viewed almost as a gangster boss.”
- Jeepers Creepers 3 Is Happening: Jeepers Creepers 3 is happening. The series, which was started in 2001 by Victor Salva, focuses on a supernatural killer who spends every 23rd spring hunting for 23 days in order to collect body parts to absorb into his own physical form. Salva sort of confirmed the sequel to STYD (via /Film), but there’s no official word yet.
- The Killing Isn’t Dead Yet: The Killing is coming back to life. ComingSoon reports that the former AMC show will continue for a fourth season thanks to Netflix. The online streaming company has ordered a fourth and final season of the series.
- Working Superheroes/Morphs: This week, Unreality Magazine posted an extremely cute gallery called Superheroes with real jobs, which shows what DC and Marvel heroes do when there’s no bad guy to stop or to save the world. Check it out. Also, there’s a photo of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson morphing into one. It’s pretty creepy.
- First Oldboy TV Spot: Based on Park Chan-wook modern classic, Oldboy follows an advertising executive (Josh Brolin) who is kidnapped and imprisoned for 20 years without explanation. After his equally unexpected release, the man must figure out why he was captured in the first place. The film also stars Elizabeth Olsen, Sharlto Copley, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Imperioli and Lance Reddick. Oldboy hits theaters November 27th. Here’s the very first TV spot:
- Out Of The Furnace TV Spot: In Out Of The Furnace, Christian Bale stars as an ex-con who goes in search of his brother after he mysteriously disappears. Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana and Woody Harrelson also star. The film opens Dec. 6, 2013. Check out the first TV spot:
Poster & Photo:
- First Photo Of Johnny Depp In Mortdecai: Based on the popular three-novel anthology by Kyril Bonfiglioli, Mortdecai is directed by David Koepp and also stars Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Paul Bettany and Olivia Munn. Here’s the first photo of Depp on set:
- New Divergent Poster: Divergent hits theaters March 21, 2014. Here’s the movie’s official poster:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?