In the latest episode of The Mindy Project, Mindy’s phone accidentally lands in the hands of two people who should never be trusted with it – Peter and Morgan. But “You’ve Got Sext” was about more than just inappropriate texting. Mindy unexpectedly crashes at Danny’s place, and tries on a new persona named Chloe Silverado.
- Director: Alex Hardcastle
- Writer: Jeremy Bronson
- Cast: Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Adam Pally, Zoe Jarman, Beth Grant, Timothy Olyphant, Alan Dale
Episode Title: “You’ve Got Sext”
When Mindy tells Danny she has a crush, he thinks she’s talking about him instead of Cliff, the lawyer. Meanwhile, Morgan and Peter find Mindy’s phone and respond to a text from Cliff, which starts off innocently, but escalates into something that may lead to unintended romantic consequences.
- Sexting: When Peter and Morgan discover that they’ve got Mindy’s phone in their possession, all hell breaks loose. They notice that Cliff (the rude lawyer) is texting Mindy, and so they begin an innocent conversation with him. But the texting quickly escalates into something more sensual. Soon, both sides begin to flirt, until finally Morgan mentions that Mindy is wearing “no panties” and Cliff says that he’s rushing over to her house. The best part of the whole thing is that Peter and Morgan feel the need to create a huge diversion by going to Mindy’s house and throwing a little shindig.
- Chloe Silverado: According to Mindy, Chloe Silverado is Danny’s fiance and soon-to-be baby mama. Mindy creates this character after she and Danny run into his crazy, obsessed neighbor, whom he’s hooked up with a few times. To save Danny from an awkward situation, Mindy makes up this elaborate story about being his fiance who’s carrying his first born. Mindy is hilarious in this situation. She bullies Danny, and even slaps him a few times for being a “cheater”. (She’s clearly enjoying all of those slaps too.) His straight-man reaction to everything is also pretty darn comedic.
- “As a friend I have to tell you, you look terrible.” -Morgan
- More Than Friends: The plot has thicken. Danny is starting to show clear signs of being into Mindy. We don’t really have a problem with this, but we’re not sure if we want this “thing” to happen just yet.
Peter and Morgan make a great team. They both have these daring personalities that make any situation they’re in a game of Russian Roulette. At the end of “You’ve Got Sext”, Mindy discovers all of her texts and her reaction is puzzling. We can’t wait to see how she deals with dumb and dumber. It’s going to be great.
The Mindy Project airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on FOX.
What did you think of last night’s episode?