Early next year, HBO will debut a crime drama series titled True Detective, starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. A new trailer for the show has hit the web. You can watch it below. Also, there’s an awesome brand new IMAX poster for Hunger Games: Catching Fire. We also have updates on Prometheus 2, the Star Blazers movie, and Steve McQueen‘s next project.
- The Adams Family To Get Reboot: MGM is rebooting The Addams Family as an animated movie. Variety reports that that Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun will produce an animated film based on the “comedically macabre clan.” Pamela Pettler, who wrote Corpse Bride and Monster House, has been hired to pen the script.
- Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 2: For those of you eagerly waiting for a sequel to Prometheus, know that the movie is still a-coming. Ridley Scott was asked about the sequel recently and here’s what he had to say, “Prometheus‘ is being written right now. Number two.” Thrilled? [via /Film]
- Star Blazers Movie Gets Writer And Director: A movie based on ’70s sci-fi anime series Star Blazers is underway at Skydance. Deadline reports that Christopher McQuarrie has been hired to write and direct the movie. Here’s a quick synopses: “In the futuristic Star Blazers, Earth’s atmosphere has been obliterated by a distant alien race, and the survivors have one year before radiation will reach their underground refuge and wipe out the human race. The survivors get a shot of hope in the form of alien technology that can deliver a small crew across the universe and back with the means to stave off extinction.”
- Steve McQueen Prepping HBO Drama: It looks like every single auteur is getting into TV these days. According to Vulture, Steve McQueen, who is going to win the Oscar for best film (12 Years A Slave) next year, is developing his first TV drama at HBO. He co-wrote a script with Matthew Michael Carnahan that follows “a young African-American man’s experience entering New York high society, with a past that may not be what it seems … Six Degrees Of Separation meets Shame.” What do you think?
- The Evolution of the Xenomorph: This week Unreality Magazine posted a gallery of works by Miguel Rosello, featuring posters dedicated to the Alien films. If you recall, the movies were directed by some pretty great filmmakers, including Ridley Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher. Check it out.
- New True Detective Trailer: Here’s the latest trailer for the Matthew McConaughey-Woody Harrelson crime drama True Detective. The series opens January 12 on HBO. Check it out:
- New Muppets Most Wanted Poster: Here’s the latest poster for The Muppets Most Wanted. The movie opens March 21, 2014.
- New Hunger Games Poster: Here’s the latest poster for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The movie arrives November 22, 2013.
- Car Legends: Here’s a cool infographic featuring vehicular legends from the movies. Check it out:
[via CJ PonyParts]
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?