Later this year, James Franco will return to the big screen as a guy named Gator in Homefront, a thriller written by Sylvester Stallone and directed by Gary Fleder. Open Road has released a red band trailer for the movie, and we highly advise you to not play it around children or in a work-place environment. Also, three new Oldboy stills have hit the web, one of which gives us the very first look at Sharlto Copley‘s character. All that and more below.
- Fathers And Daughters Casting Update: Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried will reunite for Gabriele Muccino‘s Fathers And Daughters. The film is a love story that focuses on the bond between a father (Crowe) and his daughter (Seyfried), who are living in New York. According to Deadline, the story moves back and forth between the 1980s where Jake Davis, a famous novelist and widower, struggles with mental illness as he attempts to raise his little girl Katie. Then we move into the present day, where 30-year-old Katie “baffles the demons that stem from her troubled childhood.” Crowe and Seyfried previously worked together on Les Miserables.
- Dwayne Johnson To Star In Earthquake Movie: Dwayne Johnson will star in the earthquake disaster pic San Andreas. According to THR, the actor is officially onboard and will start filming next April. The movie is set “after a devastating earthquake hits California and centers on a rugged rescue-helicopter pilot (Johnson) making a perilous trip across the state to rescue his estranged daughter.” New Line is hoping to release the pic sometime in 2015.
- Twisted Disney: This week Unreality Magazine posted a gallery of gender swapped Disney princes and princesses. So basically what you get is a Jafar Tianna, Hades Cinderella and King Candy Rapunzel. Check it out.
- Red Band Trailer For Homefront: Homefront also stars Jason Statham. It hits theaters November 27, 2013. Here’s the red-band trailer:
- Hunger Games: Catching Fire TV Spot: The first official TV spot for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has arrived. It features never-before-seen footage. Check it out:
- New Clips For Eastbound And Down: Check out the latest clips for Eastbound And Down (which is now on its fourth and final season on HBO):
- Ender’s Game Mondo Posters: Mondo revealed two new posters for Ender’s Game from artist Martin Ansin. Check them out below (and remember, Ender’s Game hits theaters November 1, 2013.
- New Oldboy Stills: Based on Park Chan-wook modern classic, Oldboy follows an advertising executive (Josh Brolin) who is kidnapped and imprisoned for 20 years without explanation. After his equally unexpected release, the man must figure out why he was captured in the first place. The film also stars Elizabeth Olsen, Sharlto Copley, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Imperioli and Lance Reddick. Here are the three new stills (Oldboy hits theaters November 27th)
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?