On the latest episode of The Mindy Project, Mindy’s depressed, extra-dramatic and desperate. So desperate, that she agrees to test out a ludicrous theory that involves having sex with her co-worker Morgan in order to find true love. “Magic Morgan” focuses on the sad aftermath of Mindy’s breakup with her fiance pastor-turned-DJ Casey. So crack open a box of tissues—or not.
- Director: Neil Brennan
- Writer: Tracey Wigfield
- Cast: Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Zoe Jarman, Beth Grant
Episode Title: “Magic Morgan”
According to Morgan, anyone who sleeps with him finds the love of their life immediately afterward. Curious to test this theory, Mindy takes him up on his offer, but backs out at the last minute. This humiliates Morgan, prompting him to sue her for sexual harassment. In order to get out of the lawsuit, Mindy agrees to go out on a real date with him.
- No New Friends: Danny is the kind of guy who doesn’t like change. So obviously he’s having the hardest time accepting a new doctor at the practice. Even though Peter seems cool and fun, Danny ignores all of his good qualities because he hates opening up to new people. Eventually he caves because deep inside, he’s a sweet guy.
- Morgan’s Stories: Morgan always has the craziest stories. During his date with Mindy, he shares that he’s been dumped a total of 36 times! He also hilariously recounts the time he traveled abroad (to Montreal) to meet a hooker who turned out to be a man, who then, beat him up.
- The Boss: Jeremy doesn’t do much these days, but as the only guy with a sexy British accent, he’s hard to ignore. In “Magic Morgan” he throws all of his support behind Peter, only because he refers to him as the boss, which he really likes.
- “Danny you smell delicious, like a cup of cider I can’t wait to sip.” –Jeremy
- “I fear the ocean, out of respect.” –Danny
- “I’ll work my magic by having sex with your body.” –Morgan
- Mean Mindy: Mindy’s rudeness is usually hilarious, but this time she took it too far. She humiliates Morgan by agreeing to sleep with him in a silly attempt to find her true love. But when she realizes how ridiculous the whole thing is, she kicks him out of her house, naked and all. Morgan is the best character on this show. When he’s hurt, we take it personally because all he ever wants to do is help. Note to Mindy: Don’t be mean to Morgan, he’s the best friend you’ll ever have. (Speaking off best friends, where is Gwen Grandy?)
“Magic Morgan” had a ridiculous premise, but it was a memorable episode nonetheless. Morgan and Mindy almost slept together, and Danny warmed up to Peter, which is basically a miracle. Also, there’s some new lawyer guy (guest star Glenn Howerton) who might be a love interest for Mindy in the future, but it’s too soon to tell.
The Mindy Project airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on FOX.
What did you think of last night’s episode?