David O. Russell‘s upcoming corruption drama, American Hustle. looks like a good time, especially considering the new vintage-style character posters that Columbia Pictures has released. The posters feature the likes of Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Jeremy Renner. Check them out below. Also, the brand new trailer for Scott Cooper‘s Out Of The Furnace, also starring Bale, dropped today. All that and more below.
- Disney Announces Live-Action Cruella: There’s another Disney villainess coming to the big screen. THR reports that Aline Brosh McKenna has been hired to write the live-action film Cruella, which will focus on the “dog-fur-loving fashionista” from the classic animation film 101 Dalmatians. McKenna will also produce alongside Andrew Gunn (Sky High, Bedtime Stories).
- Jesus’ Resurrection Coming To The Big Screen: Hollywood is really committed to this religious trend right now. We already have films about Moses and Noah underway, but what about Jesus? It’s been a while since we’ve seen his story on the big screen. And so it goes. According to Deadline, Waterworld director Kevin Reynolds has signed on to direct Resurrection, which will follow the first 40 days after the death of Jesus Christ. The film is told “through the eyes of an agnostic Roman Centurion charged by Pontius Pilate to investigate rumors of a risen Jewish Messiah and to locate Christ’s missing body in order to subdue an imminent uprising in Jerusalem.” Looks like there’s a thriller somewhere in there.
- Simon Kinberg To Pen Fantastic Four Reboot: X-Men writer Simon Kinberg is set to rewrite 20th Century Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot. No casting has been announced yet, but the film is still set to be released on March 6, 2015. It has been suggested that the Fantastic Four film will exist within the X-Men universe, so hiring Kinberg, who has worked on First Class and Days of Future Past, was a smart way to go (if anything). Source: ComingSoon
- Sleepy Hollow Gets Renewed: Fox has renewed Sleepy Hollow for a second season. THR reports that this is the network’s “first bona fide hit,” so it’s obvious that they would renew early. The one-hour series follows the character Ichabod Crane and transports him (and the headless horseman) to contemporary Westchester County, New York, which is steeped in an occult conspiracy.
- Iconic Movie Footwear: This week Unreality Magazine posted an art gallery based on movie footwear. The art is by Nicolas Bannister. Check it out.
- Out Of The Furnace Trailer: In Out Of The Furnace, Christian Bale stars as an ex-con who goes in search of his brother after he mysteriously disappears. Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana and Woody Harrelson also star. The film opens Dec. 6, 2013. Check out the intense trailer below.
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Simpsons Halloween Couch Gag: Here’s Guillermo Del Toro‘s amazing opening sequence to The Simpson‘s “Treehouse of Horror XXIV”. It’s packed with tons of nods to iconic horror movies. Check it:
- New Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Poster: This week brought us the very first trailer for Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. Here’s a poster to sweeten the deal.
- American Hustle Character Poster: Here are the vintage character posters, complete with hideous hair styles and funky clothes. American Hustle opens December 13, 2013.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?