Disney has released the first photo of Meryl Streep as the The Witch in Rob Marshall‘s film adaptation of Into The Woods. Streep is completely transformed (as seen above) in witchy attire and beyond messy hair. Also, a trailer for Foxcatcher, starring a very serious and overweight Steve Carell has hit the web. We also have updates on Tarzan, Grace of Monaco and Jurassic World. All that and more below.
- Mister Rogers Biopic Coming: A biopic of Mister Rogers is coming to the big screen from the team behind Little Miss Sunshine and Ruby Sparks. The film will be an adaptation of Tim Madigan‘s 2006 memoir I’m Proud Of You, which details the author’s friendship with the late Fred Rogers, who was famous all over the world for creating and hosting the PBS TV series Mister Rogers. Source: ComingSoon
- Derek Cianfrance To Direct Film About Creation Of ESPN: Derek Cianfrance will direct a film that tells the history of ESPN. TheWrap reports that the project will be based on ESPN: Those Guys Have All The Fun, which has been acquired by 20th Century Fox. The book chronicles “the cable network’s rise to power using the voices of past and present ESPN personalities and producers.”
- Tarzan Casting Update: David Yates wants Christoph Waltz to play the bad guy in Tarzan. Word is that Warner Bros. is also looking to cast Emma Stone and Margot Robbie. Alexander Skarsgard is already set to star as the King of the Jungle. (via /Film)
- Bryce Dallas Howard Heading To Jurassic World: Bryce Dallas Howard will star in Jurassic World. Variety reports that Universal has been looking at the actress for some time now, and now the deal is almost done. Plot details have not been released. Colin Trevorrow will direct.
- Grace Of Monaco Gets Delayed: Nicole Kidman has officially dropped out of the Oscar race. Her film, Grace of Monaco, where she stars as Grace Kelly, has been pushed to 2014. Well at least she already has a golden statue.
- Foxcatcher Trailer: Below we have the very first trailer for dramatic film Foxcatcher, starring Steve Carell as an overweight millionaire named John du Pont, whose “notorious relationship with Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler Dave Shultz (Mark Ruffalo) ended with the grisly demise of the professional athlete.” The film is directed by Moneyball helmer Bennett Miller. This is surprisingly dark material for Carell, but this is the kind of stuff he left The Office for, so more power to him. Foxcatcher was originally set to hit theaters this year, but has since been moved to 2014 to give the filmmakers more time to finish the film.
- American Horror Story: Coven Intro: Here’s what the opening credits to the third season of American Horror Story will look like. It’s pretty spooky.
- Oldboy Featurette: Spike Lee, Josh Brolin, Samuel L. Jackson and others talk about the Oldboy remake, the approach to the material and what we can expect from the film. There’s also some exciting new footage. Check it out:
- First Look At Meryl Streep In Into The Woods: Here’s the very first look at Meryl Streep as the Witch in Disney’s Into The Woods, which follows said witch as she conspires to teach important lessons to various characters of popular children’s stories including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Rapunzel. Directed by Rob Marshall, the film also stars Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp and Emily Blunt. Into The Woods opens Christmas Day 2014. Check it out:
- Free Birds Poster: Here’s a brand new poster for Free Birds, which stars the Owen Wilson, Woody Harrelson and Amy Poehler. The film opens everywhere November 1st.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?