One of the most anticipated shows of the fall season is American Horror Story: Coven, which stars Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, and Kathy Bates as a trio of intimidating and, from the looks of it, fashionable witches. FX released a new teaser trailer for the series’ upcoming season, and it’s all we hoped for: super eerie yo! Check the video out below. Also, Sony Picture Classics shared ten new stills from the upcoming Kill Your Darlings, starring Daniel Radcliffe as a young Allen Ginsburg. We also have updates on Frankenstein and Chaos Walking. All that and more below.
- Robert Zemeckis To Direct Chaos Walking: Robert Zemeckis is currently in talks to direct Chaos Walking, an adaptation of Patrick Ness‘ sci-fi young adult series. Charlie Kaufman is already on-board as the screenwriter. The novel is set in a “dystopian future where humans have colonized a distant Earth-like planet. When an infection called the Noise suddenly makes all thought audible, privacy vanishes and chaos ensues, leading a corrupt autocrat to threaten to take control of the human settlements and wage war with the indigenous alien race.” Source: TheWrap
- Downton Abbey‘s Jessica Brown Findlay Joins Frankenstein: Jessica Brown Findlay has been cast in Paul McGuigan’s Frankenstein. The film already stars James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe. Plot details are under wraps, but according to Variety, the actress will play the lead female role.
- Rupert Wyatt And Mark Wahlberg Team Up For The Gambler: Mark Wahlberg might star in The Gambler, which might be directed by Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt. The film is a remake of the 1974 James Caan movie, which follows a college professor whose gambling addiction overcomes him even after he gets in big trouble with the wrong guys. The original film was written by William Monahan. Source: Deadline
- Star Wars And Iron Woman: This week, Unreality Magazine posted a gallery of custom Star Wars LEGO Minifigs by designer Joe Amaro. It’s a pretty impressive set. Also featured is a cool cosplay outfit by Angela Bermudez, who created an Iron Man-suit for Pepper Potts. It’s Iron Woman!
- Labor Day Clip: Here’s a clip for Jason Reitman‘s Labor Day, starring Kate Winslet as a depressed single mom who, along with her son, (unknowingly) offer a ride to an escaped convict, played by Josh Brolin. The film hits theaters January 31, 2014. Check it out.
- New TV Promo For Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The premiere of Joss Whedon‘s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is almost here (September 24th). ABC has released a new TV promo for the TV show. Check it out:
- American Horror Story Season 3 Teaser: And here’s the teaser for American Horror Story: Coven, complete with witchy hats, angry teens and a spooky cow head.
- Mr. Nobody Poster: The 2009 sci-fi drama Mr. Nobody, starring Jared Leto, is finally hitting theaters. The film follows a 118-year old man in the year 2092, who is the last mortal on Earth after the human race has achieved quasi-immortality. On his death bed, the man decides to look at three possible paths his life may have taken. Directed by Jaco Van Dormael, Mr. Nobody first premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in 2009, but for whatever reason hasn’t been released in the U.S. However, Magnolia has taken a leap of faith and will distribute the movie via VOD and iTunes on September 26th, with a limited theater run beginning November 1st. Here’s a brand new poster:
- New Kill Your Darlings Photos: Daniel Radcliffe takes on American beat poet Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings. The bio-pic centers on a murder in 1944 which drew together some of the greatest poets in the beat generation, including Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs. The film is directed by John Krokidas, and also features performances by Dane Dehaan, Jack Huston, Ben Foster and Elizabeth Olsen. Sony will release Kill Your Darlings October 18. Check out this set of new stills of the film:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?