Seriously, who are the people out there that are asking for a Pirates of the Caribbean 5 movie? Apparently it’s a lot of people, at least enough to bring Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides into the billion dollar revenue club, but I’ve never met any of them. Anyways, Jerry Bruckheimer and company are very slowly moving forward with POTC 5. It was revealed yesterday that the film will be delayed for quite some time, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a story, which they kind of do at the moment.
The news is a little surprising to come by, considering the fact that they’re so incredibly behind on piecing together POTC 5 (aka Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales) that they don’t have a solid script ready. Either way, the folks over at Bleeding Cool were able to get their grubby little hands on some plot details that we may be seeing in the next film if it ever gets made, which it will, sadly:
- There’s a new female lead and foil for Jack Sparrow. She’s suspected of witchcraft, but is actually a scientist.
- Witches are a big part of the movie.
- One of the film’s leads is a ghost, hence the title. He’s a “former member of the British military now sided with Barbossa on a revenge mission.”
- Two new, young, romantic leads – a boy and girl – both from farming families get caught up in the mix.
- The film stars with an “awkward wedding” and ends with “a riff on the myth of the Bermuda Triangle.”
Okay… I guess that could constitute as a film. I’m not entirely down for them tying together a random love story between two new characters again. They tried doing that in the previous film and it failed spectacularly. Actually, a lot of the previous film could have been decent but it just fell apart, was way too long and in some ways I’m convinced that I’m still watching it to this very day. Now that those involved in the production have more time on their hands, maybe they’ll utilize it properly and make a some what entertaining story out of this sequel.
Do you want to see another Pirates of the Caribbean movie? Why or why not?