Guillermo Del Toro has finally found a replacement for the leading role in his upcoming thriller Crimson Peak. Late last month, the filmmaker lost Benedict Cumberbatch, but now the awesome Tom Hiddleson has stepped in to replace him. More details on that below. Also, the first trailer for Richard Ayoade‘s The Double, starring Jesse Eisenberg, has hit the web. Watch it below. We also have updates on David Fincher‘s Gone Girl, and more.
- Jason Reitman Wants Adam Sandler: Jason Reitman‘s next film will be an adaptation of Chad Kultgen‘s satirical novel Men, Women & Children. Though the film is still in the very early stages, the director is already lining up his cast. According to THR, the filmmaker wants Adam Sandler, Rosemarie DeWitt and Jennifer Garner for the lead roles, plus Cameron Diaz in a smaller role. The novel explores the sexual pressures of teen kids and their parents in a Digital age where pornography has become more accessible. The film will shoot this November.
- Tom Hiddleston Joins Crimson Peak: Guillermo Del Toro’s Crimson Peak has gained a very exciting lead. After Benedict Cumberbatch exited the film last month, Tom Hiddleston is stepping in to replace the actor in the starring role. The Gothic thriller is still set to star Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam. The film will begin shooting January 2014. Source: THR
- Derek Cianfrance To Direct The Light Between Oceans: Derek Cianfrance‘s third film will be an adaptation of M.L. Stedman‘s debut novel The Light Between Oceans, which is about “a lighthouse keeper and his wife who find a boat washed ashore on their remote Australian island with a dead man and a baby inside… they choose to bury the body and raise child as their own, with devastating consequences.” Cianfrance is a talented filmmaker who has shown (with his films like Blue Valentine and A Place Beyond The Pines) that he has an amazing storytelling ability, especially when it comes to melancholic tales. The project is being developed at DreamWorks. Source: Deadline
- David Fincher Adds Tyler Perry, Neil Patrick Harris And More To Gone Girl: David Fincher’s Gone Girl now includes Tyler Perry, Neil Patrick Harris, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit and Carrie Coon. Deadline reports that Perry will play Tanner Bolt, the attorney who reps Ben Affleck‘s character after his wife disappears – word is that Fincher saw Perry in Alex Cross and “courted him for the lawyer role”. Harris will play Desi Collings, the wife’s ex-boyfriend. Production will begin this fall.
- Downton Abbey Season 4 Trailer: The season 4 trailer of Downton Abbey has hit the web. The show premiered Sunday, January 5, 2014 on PBS.
- The Double Trailer: In Richard Ayoade‘s The Double, the talented Jesse Eisenberg plays a man who is driven to insanity when he encounters his doppelganger. This might sound dark and eerie, but the film is actually a comedy. Ayoade is best known for his role as Maurice Moss on The IT Crowd and also for his charming debut film Submarine. The Double also stars Mia Wasikowska, Wallace Shawn, Noah Taylor and Yasmin Page. It’s got a very ’70s feel to it, and though the trailer isn’t very specific on any plot points, this film looks like it’s something worth watching. The Double will premiere at the Toronto Film Festival this weekend. Here’s the trailer:
- The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty Poster: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a remake of the 1947 Danny Kaye original. It stars Ben Stiller as Mitty, a photo editor at LIFE magazine whose daydreaming makes him an object of ridicule and keeps him from a woman he admires, played by Kristen Wiig. He goes on a series of quests, to locate a missing image but ends up finding his true self instead. The film arrives Christmas Day. Here’s the latest poster:
- The Walking Dead Season 4 Poster: AMC has released a new poster for The Walking Dead season 4. The show returns in October. Check it out:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?