This week doesn’t seem to have any pressing releases. That’s nice as it’s a break on wallets everywhere. Still, there’s some new Criterion releases and more Star Trek on Blu-ray, so there are some things to grab. Check it out…
- Amour: For whatever reason, it took a while for the big best foreign film Oscar winner to hit DVD and Blu-ray, but now people can catch up with the latest Michael Hanaeke film, which many thought was the best film of last year.
- Being Human: Season Five, Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Third Season, Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season: This week’s television releases get us ready for more Boardwalk Empire, and salutes the great work Paramount has been doing for their Star Trek catalog on Blu-ray.
- Epic: True story, this came out earlier this summer. And it made over a hundred million dollars domestically. Yet, who remembers it?
- Rapture-Palooza: This comedy stars Anna Kendrick and Craig Robinson, and looks like a lot of low budget movies of late: With shockingly good actors but with no money for anything else.
- Scary Movie 5: The good news is that this is probably the last of the Scary Movie franchise.
- 88 Minutes, The Tailor of Panama: Some deep cuts from the catalog are hitting Blu-ray this week. I don’t know who would want them, but you never know.
- The Big City, Charulata: Satyajit Ray’s works are now coming into the Criterion Collection, and this is a good thing. Though most are probably waiting/hoping for them to get to the Apu trilogy, these two films are definitely worthy additions to the collection.
- Return to Never Land: Hey look a crappy spin-off animated sequel.
- Roadie: Shout Factory is putting this out and it stars Meat Loaf. Enough said?
What are you picking up this week?