Twilight may be over, but we’re in for a whole new set of angst-y teen vampires with the YA adaptation of Richelle Mead‘s Vampire Academy, which is actually being distributed by The Weinstein Company. We have the first trailer for you below, plus more details on the movie’s plot. Also, The Spectacular Now stars Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley recorded a funny but serious Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Draft House (see it below). All that and more below.
- Tina Fey Producing New Show For NBC, Also Shopping Around Pilot: Tina Fey is getting back into her old groove. According to Vulture she’s set to produce (along with 30 Rock co-showrunner Robert Carlock) a new female-centric Cheers-like workplace comedy for NBC. And that’s now all – Fey is also shopping around a comedy set at a newly coed college. Word is that NBC and Fox are engaged in a bidding war. Fey is onboard as producer, but won’t be starring in the series. With these many TV shows, Fey should just start her own network, no?
- Joel Edgerton To Portray Biblical Ramses?: Joel Edgerton may be playing Ramses in Ridley Scott‘s Exodus, which already stars Christian Bale as the prophet Moses. The role was previously offered to Javier Bardem, but he turned it down. The project is set up at 20th Century Fox, and is based on a script by Oscar-winning writer Steve Zaillian. Source: Deadline
- Disturbing MST3K Host Segments: io9 made a list of the 15 most disturbing MST3K Host segments. Check them out.
- New Homeland Teaser Trailer: Here’s another teaser trailer for the upcoming season of Homeland. The show returns on September 29. Check it out:
- The Walking Dead Deleted Scene: A new deleted scene from the third season of the Walking Dead has hit the web (via /Film). The clip is taken from the episode “Home” in which Rick begins to lose his mind, imagining Lori in a white dress. Check it out:
- Vampire Academy Trailer: From the makers of Mean Girls and Heathers comes a YA adaptation titled Vampire Academy, which is exactly what it sounds like: a movie about a pair of bloodsucking best friends who go to a special high school for vampires. The film is based on a novel by Richelle Mead, and is scheduled to hit theaters next Valentine’s Day. Check it out:
- The Spectacular Now PSA: Here are the stars of The Spectacular Now, Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller, advising you not to text in the movie theater (courtesy of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema). The film is currently in theaters. (And hey, listen to them, “Don’t text and watch films!”
- The Spectacular Now Infographic: Check out this neat infographic that highlights “Books, Movies & Shailene Woodley.”
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?