In the season finale of Drop Dead Diva, the season-long storylines wrap up (and unravel new loose ends in the process).
- Director:Michael Grossman
- Writer: Josh Berman and Marty Scott
- Cast: Brooke Elliott, Jackson Hurst, Kate Levering and April Bowlby
Episode Title: “50 Shades of Grayson”
The Jane-Grayson-Owen love triangle comes to a close as Owen goes through with his donation to Stacey and Kim’s pregnancy (which seems to have lasted a year and a half ). What’s with the title? Kim and Grayson tackle the case of an erotic fiction writer whose publishing company ripped off her idea.
- Title: Best episode title of the season definitely goes to “50 Shades of Grayson.” Cultural puns and some sexy time in the courtroom? Divalicious.
- Jane Starts to Come Around: After Owen goes through with the sperm donation, Stacey says to Jane what everyone in the audience is thinking. Now she’ll finally be able to go after Grayson, which is what her heart has been pushing her toward all along.
- Parker’s big shake up: Parker has caused more drama offscreen than he ever caused on. After leaving the firm in Kim’s hands, he decided to sell the practice in the most cowardly way possible. He hired someone to come in and do the dirty deed for him. How is the firm going up for sale a good thing? It gives us a big reason to tune in come October.
- The Hangover: Jane’s case of the week involves a bachelor party gone way wrong. It involves leaving a groom-to-be stranded in Mexico just 48 hours before his wedding. Though Jane ultimately saves the day (and finds another would-be suitor in the process), it pales in comparison to everything else going on this week. One case would have been enough with all of the personal drama going down.
Drop Dead Diva ended the season on a high note, with satisfactory endings to some of the big storylines. The door seems to have closed for good on Jane and Owen, but Jayson fans can’t rejoice just yet – things are heating up for him and the hot secretary. Can these two ever be emotionally available at the same time?
Drop Dead Diva airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on Lifetime
What did you think of this week’s episode?