Last night’s episode of Franklin & Bash suffered a severe case of bounty hunter madness. In “Shoot To Thrill,” the boys go the extra mile to help an old buddy clear his name. Also, the Rob Lowe/Pindar feud escalates.
- Director: David Paymer
- Writer: Bill Chais
- Cast: Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Breckin Meyer, Heather Locklear, Malcolm McDowell, Tricia Helfer, Reed Diamond, Kumail Nanjiani
Episode Title: “Shoot To Thrill”
Peter and Jared defend a bounty hunter (guest star Thomas Lennon) who’s been charged with excessive use of force. Jared tries to cheer Peter up by bringing him along on a double date. Meanwhile, Pindar’s stalking of Rob Lowe turns ugly when he crashes a drone onto his deck.
- Bounty Hunter Shenanigans: Seriously, Peter and Jared have the strangest friends; all of their old buddies have weird, often dangerous professions. In “Shoot To Thrill” they get to defend their old friend who use to be a cop but is now a bounty hunter. He’s played by Reno 911! actor Thomas Lennon, who adds his hilarious dry humor to the episode.
- Swatello & Franklin: The romance between Ellen and Jared is much more interesting than Charlie and Peter’s relationship. It’s endearing to see Jared pretend not to like Ellen, when it’s clear he’s smitten by her. It’s also fun to see the tough D.A. deny her feelings for Jared, when she’s obviously interested in more than just sex. Now this is a romance we’d like to see more of. It works.
- Rob Lowe/Pindar Feud: For a second, we thought the writers had decided to abandon the Rob Lowe/Pindar feud, but it turns out they were just waiting to bring it back for the finale. (So the build up that happened throughout the third season wasn’t for nothing.) It looks like Lowe is going to make an appearance in next week’s episode. Yup, he’s the end game.
- “Every hero needs a nemesis.”–Jared
- Dragged Romance: The writers continue to drag out the romance between Charlie and Peter. The Australian doctor showed up last night and confused the heck out of Peter and us! She’s supposed to be in San Francisco, but it turns out she might’ve been lying about the whole moving up North thing. It looks like she’s shagging up with Mr. Lowe. We never did trust her.
The episode was quite the adventure. Between the bounty hunting business, Jared’s cute romance and the Rob Lowe quarrel, “Shoot To Thrill” was pretty entertaining.
Franklin and Bash airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on TNT.
What did you think of last night’s episode?