With the premiere date of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. getting closer and closer, ABC took the liberty of releasing a huge gallery of photos, plus three new trailers. See those below. Also, the first trailer for the third season of Sherlock has hit the web. We also have a few neat posters for Ender’s Game and Thor: The Dark World. All that and more below.
- Chris Evans Plans Directorial Debut: Captain America star Chris Evans is gearing up to direct his very first feature. Deadline reports that he’ll helm, star in and produce 1:30 Train, a film in the vein of Richard Linklater‘s Before Sunrise, which focuses “on two strangers who meet in Manhattan and spend one night together as the conflicts in their own lives become the basis for their exploration of each other and themselves.” Evans will direct the film this fall, before he begins shooting The Avengers: Age Of Ultron.
- Zhang Yimou To Direct Quasimodo: Hero director Zhang Yimou is in talks to direct Josh Brolin in Quasimodo. The Warner Bros. movie is based on the 1831 novel that tells the story of a deformed hunchback who falls in love with dancing gypsy named Esmeralda. The story has been adapted many times before, but we’re excited to see what Yimou will bring to the table, that is if he officially gets the directing gig. Source: ComingSoon
- Fede Alvarez Sells Machina: Uruguayan director Fede Alvarez, who’s responsible for the bloody reboot of Sam Raimi‘s Evil Dead, has sold a top secret sci-fi project tiled Machina to MRC. He will direct and co-write with partner Rodo Sayagues. Details on the plot of the story are being kept under wraps. Source: THR
- Stanley Kubrick’s Favorite Films Of All Time: If you’re a fan of Stanley Kubrick then you might be interested in knowing his top 10 favorite films of all time. Rope of Silicon made a list, check it out.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Trailers: As promised, here three trailers for one of the most anticipated shows of the fall.
- Season 3 Teaser Trailer for Sherlock: Here’s the first teaser trailer for the third season of the BBC series Sherlock, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Haunter Trailer: Haunter is a horror film by Vincenzo Natali, starring Abigail Breslin. The movie will be available on VOD on the 18th of October, and will play FrightFest shortly after.
Photos & Posters:
- Final Ender’s Game Poster: Summit has released the final poster for Ender’s Game, starring Asa Butterfield as young Andrew “Ender” Wiggin. The film opens in theaters November 1st.
- New Thor: Dark World Poster: Here’s the latest poster for Thor: The Dark World. The one-sheet shows off all the mayor players, from Chris Hemsworth‘s Thor to Tom Hiddleston‘s Loki. Movie opens November 8.
- Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Images: The premiere of Joss Whedon‘s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is upon us (September 24th). The studio has released a large gallery of photos from the set of the TV show. Check it out:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?