Things are heating up for the people of Chester’s Mill on Under The Dome. In “The Fire,” they’re, still at a loss about the mysterious globe surrounding their town. Therefore, everyone begins to panic when a house goes up in flames. Luckily, we learn that this little place isn’t without its leaders.
- Director: Jack Bender
- Writer: Rick Cleveland
- Cast: Mike Vogel, Aisha Hinds, Dean Norris, Colin Ford, Rachelle Lefevre, Natalie Martinez, Britt Robertson, Alexander Koch and Nicholas Strong
Episode Title: “The Fire”
While the residents of Chester’s Mill face the uncertainty of life in the dome, a house catches on fire. Unfortunately, their fire department can’t be reached.
- From Under The Dome: With shows like these, it’s important to keep the mystery and tension alive at all times. It keeps viewers coming back week after week. Thus far, the writers are doing a spectacular job of this. They’re not giving too much away, but just enough to keep us interested. Also worth noting: The cliffhangers. Last week’s premiere ended with a bang, and “The Fire” followed suit.
- Barbie’s Mysterious Past: One of the show’s biggest draws is Barbie, specifically because he’s an out-of-towner. No one knows the real him, and that makes him interesting. Last night, we got a glimpse of his past but there’s so much more we’d like to know.
- Truman Reference: During one of their walkabouts, Joe and his friend come across a cute puppy named Truman, which is obviously a reference to the 1998 movie The Truman Show, where Jim Carrey plays an insurance agent trapped inside a studio dome.
- The Real Danger: One of the things that is becoming increasingly clear is that the people are the real danger. Sure, the dome’s causing them to act up, but it’s interesting to see how they behave when officials are removed. The town sheriff is dead, and as we saw last night, it won’t be long before they start implementing their own rules. That is, unless someone steps up.
- “It means we’re all going to die in here.” –Norrie
- The Propane Secret: There’s a lot of secrecy surrounding this propane deal. People are getting hurt and houses are being burned to keep it hidden from the town. While we want to know what it’s all about, we feel like the show is getting a little distracted with it. This show’s about a dome, not an illegal propane deal. Also, wasn’t Julia Shumway suppose to be solving this mystery?
Though less riveting than the premiere, “The Fire” still delivered the goods. People are starting to panic, mysteries are slowly beginning to unfold, and now there’s a dog!
Under The Dome airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on CBS.
What did you think of last night’s episode?