It’s been a while since we last heard or saw anything from Darren Aronofsky‘s Noah. The film is currently in post-production, and still scheduled to open next March. Yesterday, Paramount released a few images featuring many of the cast members including Russell Crowe, Emma Watson and Jennifer Connelly. You can see those below. Also, the second trailer for Hugh Jackman‘s Prisoners has been released, and you know what, it looks worth watching. (Watch the trailer below.) We also have updates on Downton Abbey, the Annie remake, and Child 44.
- Paul Giamatti Joins Downton Abbey: Paul Giamatti is going to Downton Abbey. TVLine reports that the actor has been cast as the maverick playboy brother of Cora (Elizabeth McGovern) and uncle to Mary (Michelle Dockery) and Edith (Laura Carmichael). He’ll appear in the season 4 finale.
- Cameron Diaz Replaces Sandra Bullock: Cameron Diaz will terrorize children once again in Jay Z and Will Smith‘s Annie. Sandra Bullock was offered the role of headmistress Miss Hannigan, but passed, and now Diaz is stepping in. She’ll join Quvenzhane Wallis and Jamie Foxx. Source: /Film
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman Joins Child 44: Daniel Espinosa‘s cast for Child 44 just keeps getting better and better. Deadline reports that Phillip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to join Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, Gary Oldman and Joel Kinnaman in the film. Child 44 is based on Tom Rob Smith‘s best seller about a member of the Soviet military police who investigates a series of nasty child murders during the Stalin-era Soviet Union. The film is currently filming in Prague.
- Mean Business On North Ganson Street Reunites DiCaprio, Foxx: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx will reunite for Warner Bros.’ Mean Business on North Ganson Street. The film is based on an upcoming novel by S. Craig Zahler, which tells the story of two detectives who team up to stop a series of attacks on a police department. DiCaprio and Foxx will play the detectives, so they’ll be working together this time. There’s no word on who’ll be directing yet. Have any ideas? Source: THR
- Mediaavengers: Someone decided to use their Photoshop skills to recreate what tabloids and magazines would look like if the biggest celebrities in the world were the Avengers. Unreality Magazine posted the gallery, check it out.
- The Best Movies OF 2013 So Far: Indiewire made a list of the best films of 2013 so far. Their list includes Before Midnight, Spring Breakers, and The Place Beyond The Pines. Check out the full list at the site.
- Prisoners Trailer: In Prisoners, two families see their lives turned upside down when their young daughters go missing together. Hugh Jackman, Maria Bello, Terrence Howard, and Viola Davis play the parents, while Jake Gyllenhaal is the cop assigned to find the young girls. Paul Dano also has a part as a creepy kid who might be the kidnapper, but that remains a mystery. The movie opens September 20. Check out the trailer:
- Breaking Bad Poster: Here’s the awesome new poster for Breaking Bad. The show returns to AMC August 11.
- New Photos For Noah: Here are six new images for Noah. The cast also includes Logan Lerman, Anthony Hopkins, Ray Winstone, Douglas Booth, Kevin Durand, Marton Csokas, Madison Davenport and Dakota Goya. The film opens March 28, 2014.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?