Did you ever dreamed that one day, somewhere in the far future, that you would end up in a Star Wars movie? We’re slowly edging towards the start of filming for Star Wars: Episode VII, but we’re completely in the dark as to how the casting process was going until now.
Today the official list of characters, minus names, have been revealed through a leaked casting breakdown for the upcoming sci-fi sequel. While it further fuels the speculation as to whether or not they’ll be including the offspring from some of our favorite characters in the original trilogy, it also gives actors out there a better idea as to what J.J. Abrams and company are looking for in their cast (physically):
- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humor, fit.
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twenty-something male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanor. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty something male, fit, military type.
- Thirty-something male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
The casting breakdown is definitely relying a lot on a younger group of actors, which doesn’t come off as too surprising since we’re dealing with a brand new trilogy to this franchise. Now one can wonder what kind of A-list youngsters will gravitate to the picture, and who will be given the time of day. To all of those going out there and trying to get themselves into Star Wars: Episode VII, all I can say is may the Force be with you.
Who would you like to see in Star Wars: Episode VII?