Last year, Naomi Watts won the coveted role of Princess Diana, who was, at one point, the most famous woman in the world. We’ve seen a few photos of the actress in character, but this week we finally got a trailer (watch it below). Also, Dwayne Johnson has begun filming Hercules, and he shared a photo that teases his look for the movie. And we also have three new posters for Only God Forgives, a banner for Riddick, and much more.
- The Purge Is Getting A Sequel: Universal’s sci-fi thriller The Purge did very well this past weekend; it dominated the U.S. box office with $34.1 million. Thanks to those impressive numbers, Jason Blum has been assigned to develop The Purge 2. Surprise, surprise. Source: Variety
- Emma Watson Gets Lead In The Queen Of The Tearling: Emma Watson is reuniting with her Harry Potter producer David Heyman for The Queen of the Tearling, the first book in a fantasy trilogy by Erika Johansen. The series has been described as a female Game of Thrones. The book is set “three centuries after an environmental catastrophe when a malevolent Red Queen holds considerable power.” Source: Variety
- David Yates Takes Over Tyrant: Harry Potter director David Yates will take over FX‘s high-profile drama pilot Tyrant, from Homeland executive producers Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff and Six Feet Under alum Craig Wright. He’ll replace Ang Lee, who pulled out last month for personal reasons. The pilot tells the story of “an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation.” Source: Deadline
- White House Down Extended Trailer: Later this month we’ll see Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in White House Down. The film follows a Capitol policeman who springs into action to save his child and protect the president from a heavily armed group of paramilitary invaders.” Here’s an extended trailer:
- Diana Trailer: Diana focuses on the last two years of Princess Diana’s life — her campaign against land mines and her affair with surgeon Dr Hasnat Khan. The film hits theaters in September.
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Hercules: Paramount Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures have announced the start of principal photography on Hercules, Brett Ratner‘s action flick starring Dwayne Johnson. The actor tweeted a glimpse of himself being transformed into the legendary hero. The film is due out on July 25, 2014.
- New Riddick Banner: Riddick follows Vin Diesel as he fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. The film hits theaters September 6. Here’s a new banner:
- Insidious 2 Poster: James Wan’s Insidious 2 stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins, Barbara Hershey, Danielle Bisutti, Michael James Grise and Lindsay Seim. The sequel follows the haunted Lambert family as they seek to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world. See it September 13th.
- Only God Forgives Posters: In Only God Forgives, Ryan Gosling plays Julian, a drug-smuggler thriving in Bangkok’s criminal underworld, who sees his life get even more complicated when his mother compels him to find and kill whoever is responsible for his brother’s recent death. The flick opens on July 19. Here are three flashy posters to get you excited:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?