Seth Rogen‘s upcoming comedy This Is The End looks like the funnest thing ever. Here are six famous actors playing hilarious versions of themselves in a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood. Sony has released six character posters featuring the stars of the film. See them below. Also, Tom Hardy is being courted to play Elton John on the big screen. More details on that below. And we also have updates on Paul Thomas Anderson‘s Inherent Vice. All that and more below.
- Josh Brolin Joins Inherent Vice: Josh Brolin has joined the cast of Paul Thomas Anderson‘s Inherent Vice. The film is an adaptation of the Thomas Pynchon detective novel. Brolin will star alongside Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Martin Short, and Jena Malone. Shooting begins this summer. Source: Deadline
- Melissa Leo Added To The Equalizer: Melissa Leo will co-star alongside Denzel Washington and Chloe Moretz in Antoine Fuqua‘s The Equalizer. Leo will play Robert McCall’s (Washington) former Home Depot supervisor who now provides him with some information. The movie will begin production this June in Boston. Source: ComingSoon
- Joel McHale Joins Beware The Night: Community‘s Joel McHale has joined the cast of the Scott Derrickson paranormal thriller Beware the Night. Word is he’ll play a veteran police officer. Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez and Olivia Munn also have roles in the film. The film focuses on New York cop who meets a renegade priest when he is pulled into a case which the priest convinces him, against the officer’s religious beliefs, is demonic related. Together they work to solve the case and combat the paranormal forces working against them. Source: ComingSoon
- Tom Hardy May Portray Elton John: Get this, Tom Hardy, of all actors is being considered to play Elton John on the big screen. The film in question is Michael Gracey’s Rocketman, which is a “biographical musical fantasy that weaves together the life of Sir Elton John and his music.” HitFix reports that “right now, the project is out to Tom Hardy,” though he hasn’t officially agreed yet.
- Scarlett Johansson To Play Hilary Clinton?: Scarlett Johansson is being considered to portray Hilary Clinton in the upcoming biopic titled Rodham, which will follow the former Secretary of State through her younger years in 1974, when she was a lawyer in Washington. Also being considered for the role are Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Chastain and Amanda Seyfried. Smashed director James Ponsoldt will direct the film from a script by Young il-Kim. Source: RTE
- Will Smith Video: Will Smith is a star, there’s no denying it. He’s charming, and cooler than most people on this earth. Over the weekend, the actor appeared on The Graham Norton Show with his son Jaden Smith and gave one of the most entertaining interviews/performances ever. He rapped, danced and brought back an old pal from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Check it out:
Photos & Poster:
- This Is The End Posters: Who’s excited for This Is The End? Written and directed by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen, the post-Apocalyptic comedy stars Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride and Jonah Hill. The comedy follows six friends trapped in a house after a series of strange and catastrophic events devastate Los Angeles. As the world unravels outside, dwindling supplies and cabin fever threaten to tear apart the friendships inside. Once they discover that they are experiencing the Apocalypse, they must come to terms with why they were left behind. Eventually they are forced to leave the house, facing their fate and the true meaning of friendship and redemption. The film hits theaters June 12. Here are six new character posters for your enjoyment:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?