Ever since the world got a taste of David Lowery‘s Ain’t Them Bodies Saints, he’s become a director to watch. Many have compared his debut feature to Terrence Malick‘s work, and he’s even landed a writing job at Disney. IFC is releasing his film in August, so it was about time that we got an official trailer, which you can see below. Also, some wonderful human being decided to put together a Supercut of 18 running gags in Arrested Development. We also have a poster for Brad Pitt‘s World War Z, and photos for Only Lovers Left Alive. All that and more below.
- Francis Ford Coppola Planning Italian-American Drama: Francis Ford Coppola is giving the Italian-American epic another go. According to /Film, the famed filmmaker will direct a coming-of-age/multi-decade family saga which he’ll write himself. The film will “chronicle an Italian-American family and span from the 1930s to the 1960s.”
- While We’re Young Casting: Noah Baumbach has added Amanda Seyfried to While We’re Young, which is set to shoot this fall in New York. She’ll join Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts and Girls‘ Adam Driver. The film follows a documentary filmmaker (Stiller) and his wife (Watts) whose life is changed when the pair befriend a much younger couple, played by Driver and Seyfried. Source: ComingSoon
- Steven Soderbergh To Direct The Knick: Steven Soderbergh‘s retirement is not looking like retirement. The man is still busy making stuff for us to get excited about. According to reports, Soderbergh has signed on to produce a 10-episode series for Cinemax called The Knick, which will be set in 1900 New York at the Knickerbocker Hospital. Clive Owen is in talks to star; and Soderbergh does plan to direct all 10 episodes, just in case you’re wondering. Source: Vulture
- Blood Ties Trailer: Blood Ties is having its big debut at this year’s Cannes. The film is directed by Guillaume Canet and tells the story of two brothers on opposites sides of the law. Clive Owen and Billy Crudup star, along with Matthias Schoenaerts, Marion Cotillard, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis and James Caan. Here’s the trailer:
- Delivery Man Teaser: Ken Scott‘s comedy Delivery Man is a man’s worst nightmare. The film follows David Wozniak, played by Vince Vaughn, an underachiever who finds out he’s fathered 533 children through sperm donations he made 20 years ago. DreamWorks has released the very first teaser. Check it out:
- Arrested Development Running-Gags: In honor of Arrested Development‘s return this weekend, here’s a supercut of the 18 funniest recurring jokes that the writers used numerous times on the show.
- New Ain’t Them Bodies Saints Trailer And Clip: Set against the backdrop of 1970′s Texas Hill Country, Ain’t Them Bodies Saints is a romantic American story that follows three characters on various sides of the law. Rooney Mara, Casey Affleck play the outlaw couple, while Ben Foster portrays a local town sheriff named Patrick Wheeler. The film made a splash at Sundance, and is now getting a special screening at Cannes. Ain’t The Bodies Saints hits theaters August 16. Here’s the official trailer, and first clip:
- Pacific Rim Featurette: Guillermo Del Toro released a featurette for his upcoming film Pacific Rim that explores the concept of Drift Space. Both the director and the cast discuss the topic in the clip, and there’s also some new footage in there. Check it out:
Photos & Poster:
- World War Z Poster: The latest poster for World War Z shows Brad Pitt facing a devastated, chaotic world. The film hits theaters June 21st.
- New Only Lovers Left Alive Images: New images from Jim Jarmusch‘s Only Lovers Left Alive have surfaced. The film, which stars Tom Hiddleston, Tilda Swinton, Mia Wasikowska and Anton Yelchin, has been described as a modern vampire film. The director called it “an unconventional love story between a man and a woman” that’s unlike your usual vampire tale. The film is premiering at Cannes very soon. Check out the new images:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?