The Equalizer just got a little more interesting. Chloe Moretz, one of today’s most talented young actresses, has landed the female lead role in the Denzel Washington film. Also, AMC released the first official photo for the fourth season of The Walking Dead; and the characters from Monsters University have a special message for moms everywhere. All that and more below.
- Chloe Moretz Joins The Equalizer: Chloe Moretz is pairing up with Denzel Washington for The Equalizer, an adaptation of the 80′s television show of the same name. First Showing reports that the young actress will play a prostitute. Her role was written for someone older than her, but if you’ve seen Moretz onscreen, then you know she’s mature enough to handle playing someone older. The Equalizer was a CBS show that followed an agent with a mysterious/horrible past. We’re not exactly sure how the prostitute fits in but we’re excited that Moretz is following in the steps of the great Jodie Foster.
- Dominic Cooper Eyes Dracula: Dominic Cooper is jumping from one vampire flick to another. The actor previously starred in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and now Vulture reports that he’s in talks to co-star in NBC’s Dracula, alongside Luke Evans. The film will be directed by first time feature director Gary Shore.
- Michael Shannon Reuniting With Jeff Nichols: Michael Shannon and writer-director Jeff Nichols are teaming up once again for a fourth feature film. According to ComingSoon, Shannon will play the lead in Nichol’s untitled science fiction project. The pair previously collaborated on Shotgun Stories, Take Shelter, and Mud, which is in theaters now.
- A Million Ways To Die In The West Update: Seth MacFarlane‘s A Million Ways To Die In the West has an official release date and completed cast. Universal will release the comedic western on May 30, 2014; and the cast includes MacFarlane, Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried, Sarah Silverman, Giovanni Ribisi and Neil Patrick Harris. Source: /Film
- Community Gets Renewed: After all of the firing, postponing and behind-the-scenes drama, NBC has renewed Community
- for fifth season. The show just wrapped its fourth season last night. This news comes as a total surprise for all of the previously mentioned reasons. Many of us had come to terms with the idea that the fourth season of Community would also be its last. Chevy Chase is no longer on the show, and there are new people running the sitcom. It’s nice to see NBC have a little faith on the show, but as fans, we feel that it might be a little too late.
- Bluth’s Frozen Banana Stand: Netflix is launching the Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana Stand Worldwide Tour. The tour kicked off in London earlier this week and will continue to pop up in different locations around London on May 8th, 9th, 15th and the 21st. The banana stand will then come over to the States and appear in different cities leading up to the show’s fourth season premiere. The Bluth’s Original Frozen Banana Stand Worldwide Tour will include special surprise appearances by the Bluth family and friends. If interested, follow the @ArrestedDev Twitter account for information about the stand’s location that day and special activities in each city.
- Monsters University Mother’s Day Video: Pixar released a new video for Monsters University just in time for Mother’s Day. The clip features Ms. Squibbles and the rest of the movie’s characters. Don’t forget that Monsters University opens June 21st. Here’s the video:
[youtube a9N12nUVYZY 570 420]
- First Walking Dead Season 4 Photo: AMC released the First Look photo from The Walking Dead Season 4, featuring Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes. The zombie show will return to AMC in October of this year. The cast and crew began production on May 6. Here’s the photo:
- Gravity Poster: Here’s the first poster for Alfonso Cuaron‘s Gravity. The film opens in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D on October 18th.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?