Warner Bros. released the final poster for this summer’s Man of Steel, and it’s quite different from all of the others we’ve seen. In the last and latest one sheet, Henry Cavill gets his closeup as his superman is seen flying fast over Metropolis. You check out the poster below. Also, the first trailer for Kristen Wiig‘s comedy Girl Most Likely hit the web today. Watch her have a quirky meltdown below. We’ve also got the latest updates on Jane Got A Gun and Will Ferrell‘s IFC series The Spoils Of Babylon. All that and more below.
- The Rock Heading To HBO: HBO announced this week that they are developing a pilot that will star Dwayne Johnson. He’ll also serve as executive producer. The untitled project will be a half-hour dramedy about active and retired athletes living in Miami. Mark Wahlberg and his producing partner Steve Levinson will also serve as executive producers. Source: Vulture
- Macbeth Gets Leads: Though Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender didn’t get to co-star in Jane Got A Gun, they’ll get the chance to work together again on a new film adaptation of Macbeth, directed by The Snowtown Murders helmer Justin Kurzel. Word is Portman has always wanted to the role. Filming is scheduled to begin later this year. Source: ScreenDaily
- Updates On Will Ferrell’s The Spoils Of Babylon: The Spoils of Babylon is one of the many comedy series ordered by IFC this Spring. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are at the helm of the mini-series, and word is that Tobey Maguire and Kristen Wiig will star. Vulture describes the series as something “in the vein of The Thorn Birds and Winds of War. The series ”chronicles the sexy and dramatic lives of the Morehouse family, who made their fortune in the oil business.” Ferrell is set to appear as well.
- James Franco Locks Next Project: James Franco next directorial effort will be Garden of Last Days, an adaptation of the bestselling book by Andre Dubus III. He plans to star as well. Deadline reports that shooting will begin July 8th in New York; and that Gerard Butler is on board as producer. The film is a “contemporary thriller set in the seamy underside of American life about three interwoven and ultimately explosive stories: A stripper out of options who brings her 3-year-old daughter to work; an angry, lonely man who gets thrown out of the club; and a foreigner with an endless supply of cash on the brink of committing a terrifying act.”
- Little Superheroes: Unreality Magazine posted a cool cosplay gallery by Alexandria Law who takes little girls who like to dress up as superheroes and turns them into their own animated characters. Check it out.
- Bradley Cooper Leaves Jane Got A Gun: And another one bites the dust. Just when we thought that Bradley Cooper had saved the day by joining the casting-disaster that is Jane Got A Gun, Vulture reports that he too has left the project. All who’s left in Jane Got a Gun is Natalie Portman, Joel Edgerton, Noah Emmerich, and director Gavin O’Connor.
- Girl Most Likely Trailer: Girl Most Likely is directed by American Splendor‘s Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini. The comedy stars Kristen Wiig as a New York playwright who’s released into the care of her Jersey-trash mother, played by Annette Bening, after she tries to kill herself. Comedy ensues when she clashes with her mom; they don’t exactly see eye to eye. The film hits theaters July 19th.
[youtube mbbGCT9zn-I 570 420]
- Pacific Rim Poster: Here’s the latest poster for Guillermo Del Toro‘s Pacific Rim. The film arrives in 3D, 2D and IMAX on July 12.
- Man Of Steel Poster: Here’s the very last poster for Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel. It shows us Superman flying over Metropolis. It looks a lot like other superman movie posters, but the out-of-focus effect adds a unique touch. Man of Steel hits theaters in 3D, 2D and IMAX on June 14.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?