Mix Putt Putt Golf with Parks and Recreation and only good things can come of it. “Swing Vote” marks the penultimate episode of season 5 for the comedy.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Alan Yang
- Writers: Joe Mande, Alan Yang
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins
Episode Title: “Swing Vote”
Budget cuts are Leslie’s worst nightmare, especially when they come from Ron. Elsewhere, Tom goes to Ann for relationship advice.
- Ben: The moment occurred at the very end, but when Ben shouts “The Beatles” to Andy’s onstage comment about any other band with two lead singers, followed by Andy’s funny reaction – well, that was maybe the best part of the show.
- Jamm: The ‘swing vote’ plot lacked some zip, but Councilman Jamm delivered some humorous one-liners. He is a ‘bad-ass wildcard!’
- Mona Lisa Returns: Jean-Ralphio’s wacky sister is back, but her act was a little tired. Still funny, but nothing super memorable.
- April: Of course she listens to German Death Reggae and Bette Midler.
- Chris: The man was born to caddy. He only had a few scenes, but he made them very funny.
- Best Line: Chris: “Way to be, duck.”
- Best Moment: The Mouse Rat reunion, even though Andy was never out of the band. He just didn’t answer his phone and failed to show up for practice. It happens.
- Putt Putt: No offense to Putt Putt Golf, which is awesome, but the swing vote storyline wasn’t great. Ron, Chris, and Jamm had some fine moments, plus Leslie and Ron’s chat towards the end of the episode, but overall it was dull.
- Tom/Ann: Even with Mona Lisa around to cause havoc, this plot felt flat.
- Donna: Not enough of her! C’mon! One line?!
“Swing Vote” was somewhat uninspired as Parks and Rec heads into the season finale next week. Yes, there were a handful of funny scenes with the usual mix of top-notch dialogue and acting, but this one didn’t register as high on the awesome meter.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:30 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?