Division is in a free-fall and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. In this week’s Nikita, ”Masks” brings everyone’s hidden agenda to light. The Ops team is out of commission, Owen’s turned evil and Nikita’s nowhere to be found. Can you say, “Drama?”
- Director: Chris Peppe
- Writer: Kamran Pasha
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Noah Bean, Lyndie Greenwood, Jessica Camacho, Chad Connell
Episode Title: “Masks”
After Commander Danforth mysteriously dies (from a “brain aneurysm”), Division sends Owen to do clean-up. Amanda intercepts him and restores his memories as Sam Matthews. His dark side resurfaces, he kidnaps Nikita and essentially sells her to Amanda. Meanwhile, Alex’s revolt gets out of hand when the operatives take Ops hostage.
- Amanda’s Plan: She was a little more invasive than we thought. After learning of Alex’s betrayal, we assumed Amanda had her under mind control. We had no idea how deep (literally) her procedure went. She revealed that she kept Alex strapped to a chair and projected her entire escape, including the life and death of Larissa. Amanda played on Alex’s survivors guilt and used it to her advantage. Wow. Just wow.
- Use Your Brain: As we said last week, Sean was on to Alex. We’re happy he didn’t allow his love for her to cloud his judgment. He confronted her about her treachery but by then it was too late. The revolution had begun! Also, props to Michael for picking up on Owen-Sam’s sneaky behavior. Their confrontation was brutal. Too bad it had to end so early.
- Anarchy: Rachel and Chris have taken over Division. Alex is no longer their leader. She had plans to get everyone out safely and quietly, but things have gone too far. The new gang is giving ultimatums, join us or die. Well this snowballed quickly.
- I Am Sam: Owen-Sam is brutal. While in Special Forces, he led a heroin ring and killed three of his four accomplices when they tried to cut him out. He also tricked Nikita into finding the remaining soldier from his team so he could finish the job. He then tied her up and uttered the words, “Deep inside you always knew what I was. You just didn’t want to believe it.” Ugh. It was heart-wrenching.
- Nothing: This was a great episode.
“Masks” was of season finale caliber. It ended with a great cliffhanger and Division in disarray. Alex and Sean are at the mercy of the mob, Nikita’s with Amanda, Owen’s trapped in the halls and Michael’s been captured. Plus, Ryan’s still in a hospital bed healing from a gunshot. We can’t wait to see how this all plays out.
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of the episode?