Michael Bay‘s Pain & Gain is around the corner, and the marketing team behind the buddy movie is stepping up their game. This week, Paramount released two new clips (which are both awesome and ridiculous). Also, it’s been announced that The Walking Dead‘s former showrunner Glen Mazzara might be the one who writes the prequel to The Shining. We also have the official poster for Joss Whedon‘s Much Ado About Nothing. All that and more below.
- Don Jon Gets Release Date: Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s directorial debut Don Jon has been given an official release date. The film was picked up by Sony at Sundance, earlier this year. The studio has slapped the film with an October 18 release date. Levitt, who wrote and directed the film, also stars along with Scarlett Johansson, Julianne Moore, Tony Danza and Brie Larson. Source: Vulture
- Jim Carrey Joins Ricky Stanicky: Jim Carrey is reuniting with Ace Ventura director Steve Oedekerk for Ricky Stanicky (a project that James Franco once considered doing). The A.V. Club reports that the film is “an ensemble comedy in the vein of The Hangover,” in which three guys who burn down a house in their neighborhood blame it on a made-up person. When their lie finally catches up to them, they’re forced to produce a real person, and so they hire Carrey for the role.
- Cameron Crowe Casts Rachel McAdams: Rachel McAdams is in talks to join the cast of Cameron Crowe‘s still untitled next project. If cast, she’d appear opposite Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper. She’d play an old flame of Cooper’s character. Source: /Film
- Robert Redford Joins The Old Man and the Gun: David Lowery, the writer/director behind Ain’t Them Bodies Saints, has cast Robert Redford as the male lead in his next project entitled The Old Man and the Gun. The script is based on a 2003 article by David Grann, which tells of the true life story of a career bank robber who, at age 78, still can’t give up his passion for heists. Source: /Film
- Glen Mazzara To Pen Shining Prequel: Glen Mazzara is moving on from The Walking Dead. It’s being reported that he’s currently is in talks to write The Overlook Hotel, which will serve as a prequel to Stanley Kubrick‘s The Shining. There’s still no word on the plot, but hints suggest that it’ll focus on the character of Delbert Grady, played by Philip Stone in the 1980 film. Source: ComingSoon
- New Pain & Gain Clips : Paramount Pictures has released two new clips from the Michael Bay crime heist/ comedy Pain & Gain, which stars Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson. The film is based on a true story about a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. The film hits theaters April 26th, 2013. Here are the clips:
[youtube c4eGMs3UeBg 570 420]
[youtube zrcxD3-hCGI 570 420]
- Official Much Ado About Nothing Poster: The latest poster for Joss Whedon‘s black-and-white adaptation of Shakespeare’s ”Much Ado About Nothing” just got a new poster. The image, which shows a man snorkeling with a red cocktail, has been seen before, but this time there’s a splash of color. Check it out:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?