This week’s Nikita is full of twists and turns. You think you know, but you have no idea. After their victory over Commander Danforth, they thought they’d catch a break. But no, “Tipping Point” exposes a threat from the inside. Plus, Michael finally gets that makeover he’s always wanted.
- Director: Dwight Little
- Writer: Oliver Grigsby
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, Lyndie Greenwood
Episode Title: “Tipping Point”
Michael, Nikita and Birkhoff find another way to get a regenerated hand. Michael’s been following the team of Dr. Heidecker, which Birkhoff calls The Shop. They’ll give Michael the limb, if he steals something from a secure Chinese facility in return. Meanwhile, Ryan, Alex and Sean uncover a rebellion within Division. Ryan learns its leader is right under his nose.
- Sean’s Foresight: We have to give Sean credit. He saw something coming that no one else did. Ever since Alex returned from Amanda’s clutches he noticed she was off. Unfortunately, it was too little, too late. They should have taken her to medical and thoroughly checked her out before putting her back in the field. If they did, maybe we could have avoided this fallout.
- The Twist: Alex is a bad guy. Somehow, she’s being controlled by Amanda. She was the mastermind behind the rebels and once she was exposed she panicked and shot Ryan. It was a great reveal, but we have some reservations (see “The So-So” section).
- The Shop: Who are they and what do they really want? The elaborate break-in to the Chinese lab was a small part of the bigger picture. That means, Michael’s hand will serve a greater purpose. As we’ve stated in the past, what was the point of him losing it if he’d just get it back? At least now we know it’s the catalyst for a future plot.
- You Saved Me: We’ve always loved the friendship between Ryan and Nikita. Therefore, her breakdown at his bedside was a heartwarming surprise. We loved that she acknowledged that he saved her life just as she did his. We’d like to see another exchange like this, except with Ryan’s input. P.S. were we the only ones creeped out by Michael offering his new hand for Nikita to cry on [shudder]?
- How Long Will This Last?: The cat’s out of the bag. Alex has been compromised, now what? How long will we (the audience) know, while Nikita, Michael and Birkhoff are none the wiser? Also, unless Alex does something to Ryan, he could reveal her dirty deeds as soon as he comes to.
“Tipping Point” is a self-explanatory episode. It’s everything the title implies. We had three major breakthroughs that will effect Division for the rest of the season. Alex is a rebel, Ryan is shot and now they’re indebted to the mysterious Shop. There was a lot of plot progression and we loved it!
Nikita airs Friday at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of this week’s episode?