“Inevitability” was all about Nikita and Alex. Ever since Alex was rescued from Amanda’s clutches she hasn’t been the same. She’s feistier and not easily swayed. That comes into play as she starts to question Division and Nikita’s motives. It adds more friction to their already strained relationship.
- Director: Mark C. Baldwin
- Writer: Kristen Reidel
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, Lyndie Greenwood, Richard T. Jones, Merle Dandridge
Episode Title: “Inevitability”
Pierre Batoula is the current President of Chad and he’s a very bad man. After killing his CIA handler, he plans to sell a list, which contains the identities of undercover agents to the highest bidder. Division steps in to stop that from happening. Meanwhile, Alex is fed up with Division’s journey to the dark side. She and Birkhoff discover that Commander Danforth is planning to wipe out the facility.
- Commander Danforth Out: We’ve finally put Danforth on a leash. Ever since he was introduced, he’s been a seedy presence on the show. This week, we saw how down and dirty he was. Not only was he putting Division in a corner by blackmailing them into assignments, but the President was none the wiser. Thank goodness, Alex and Birkhoff exposed him for the dirtbag he really is.
- Alex is Fed Up: Speaking of Alex, what did they put in her coffee? The entire episode she was, “I am Alex. Hear me roar.” She challenged both Nikita and Ryan’s orders, and was hip to Danforth’s game. She also took it upon herself to clue in the rest of Division about their situation. She was the voice of the voiceless. She said what most of us have been thinking all season.
- Ryan Sees the Light: Was is weird that Ryan seemed more reasonable than Nikita? For months, we’ve watched as he slowly compromised himself for “the greater good.” But here, it seemed as if Nikita was making more excuses for their behavior than anyone else. We’re happy he finally saw Danforth and his tactics for what they really were — blackmail.
- Why are you here?: We could have done without the Zoe subplot. Amanda’s whole involvement seemed pointless.They could have kept President Batoula around and used him as the main foil. We guess they needed Zoe to keep the Dirty Thirty story going. Lord knows we almost forgot about it.
- Click Clack: This is a bit nit-picky, but were we the only ones annoyed by Nikita’s constant strutting? Everytime she was at Division, all you heard was the stomping of her heels. Click,clack, click, clack, click, clack! We get it. You’re a powerful woman, but ease up on your stride.
“Inevitability” freed us from Commander Danforth once and for all. Nikita and company were forced to face the truth, and Alex found her backbone. Overall, it was a good episode that will have a definite impact on the future.
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of this week’s episode?