Universal has just debuted an action-packed trailer for 2 Guns, which features Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington as pair of quarreling buddies. The film, directed by Baltasar Kormakur, is hitting theaters this summer. (The movie nearly slipped under us.) Also, we got some important updates on Wes Anderson‘s Grand Budapest Hotel. (Hint: You might be able to watch the film sooner than you think.) Also, Disney released a new poster for Planes. All that and more below.
- Cougar Town Gets Fifth Season: Cougar Town fans rejoice because TBS is bringing the show back for a fifth season. The network’s president and head of programming Michael Wright praised the show as a “smart, big-hearted, laugh-out-loud comedy that shines bright on the TBS brand.” He’s glad to be bringing Courtney Love & Co. back for more. Source: Vulture
- Kate Mara Joins Transcendence: Coming off the first season of Netflix’s House of Cards, Kate Mara has landed a role in Johnny Depp‘s Transcendence. Wally Pfister‘s directorial debut was written by Jack Paglen, and will also star Paul Bettany and Rebecca Hall. The movie is set to his theaters April 25, 3014. Source: ComingSoon
- Charlie Kaufman Developing Comedy For FX: FX has caught a very big fish. Charlie Kaufman has joined the network and is developing a comedy series titled How & Why. But this TV show won’t be like the rest. IndieWire notes that it’ll be a limited series and that we should only expect one season of the show. Still, this is big news for FX. (Move over HBO, ’cause this channel just landed one of the best writers of our time!)
- Judy Greer Joins Apes Sequel: Judy Greer is the latest to join the Planet of the Apes sequel. But you won’t actually see her face in the film ’cause she’ll be playing a chimp! Vulture reports that she will be donning a motion-capture suit to play the female chimp Cornelia.
- Grand Budapest Hotel Updates: It looks like we’re going to be getting another quirk-filled film from Wes Anderson this year. According to Screen Daily, Fox Searchlight has attained the rights to The Grand Budapest Hotel and they want to release the film later this year. The studio also unveiled the very first detailed description of what the film will be about. The film will tell the story of “a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars and his friendship with a young employee who becomes his trusted protege… The story involves theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting, the battle for an enormous family fortune and the slow and then sudden upheavals that transformed Europe during the first half of the 20th century.”
- A Tribute To Tyrion Lannister: Game of Thrones is coming back into our TV screens this weekend, and in light of that, Unreality Magazine posted an awesome gallery that pays tribute to Tyrion Lannister. Check it out.
- Gangs Of New York TV Show In The Works: Martin Scorsese is developing a Gangs of New York TV series. The show will be based on his 2002 film. /Film points out that the idea is not only to explore the area of early New York, but also to look at the gangs in other nearby cities. Few details regarding the TV project have yet to be announced.
- 2 Guns Trailer: 2 Guns follows a DEA agent and an undercover Naval Intelligence officer, played by Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington. They’ve been tasked with investigating one another but find they have been set up by the mob — the very organization the two men believe they have been stealing money from. The action movie hits theaters August 2, 2013. Here’s the trailer:
[youtube FYwFYARtKJI 570 420]
- New Planes Poster: Walt Disney has debuted a new poster for Planes. The all-new story offers an exciting cast of characters and centers on Dusty’s high-flying dream. Check out the ad:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?